Gathering Darkness by Morgan Rhodes

Gathering Darkness

by Morgan Rhodes

192761,408 (4.26)None

Great read; as melodramatic as the previous books in series with lots of game changers, new and broken alliances, actual and hinted romances (hurray for the lack of love triangles here), heroic acts and horrible failures, deaths of some and introduction of new characters ...just a great fantasy epic with twists around every corner ( )
  Spurts | Mar 24, 2017 |
This was one of those books that you just can't put down. I'm not sure how long I have to wait for the next book, but no matter the time, it'll be too long to wait. I need more, now. ( )
  jimpike69 | Nov 16, 2016 |
This book was great! I hope the rest of the series stays this good, because it's become my favourite YA series.

There were a few plot twists, especially towards the end, that surprised me. Most of the main characters were predictable, because we have seen them evolve since the first book, but the secondary characters were much more mysterious and unpredictable.

Longer review and review in Spanish soon. ( )
  Hellen0 | Jun 22, 2016 |
Squeee! ( )
  LaPhenix | Mar 9, 2016 |
I just finished Book 3 in the Falling Kingdoms series. Gathering Darkness was a non-stop thrill to read. The characters keep growing, and are more and more defined in each book. I love how Jonas constantly fails at everything, while, ironically, also winning minor successes.

Everyone is after the crystals that control the Kindred. Cleo has joined forces with her husband, Prince Magnus, and his sister, and the Watcher who gave up immortality for love.

The visiting prince and princess are also on a quest for the crystals. They know about Cleo and her alliance. They remain one step ahead of the game.

Starting the action with a heroic rescue, the rebels are in search of the crystals as well -- though they've no real idea what good having the crystals is, except that they know the King Guias wants them -- and that is good enough reason for Jonas. (And that Cleo has asked him to gather them first)!

Full of unexpected twists, I could not stop reading. This series is gripping, and enjoyable. Next to me is Book 4, Frozen Tides, which I expect to begin reading once I complete this review.

Phillip Tomasso
Author of Wizard's Rise and Damn the dead
http://www.philliptomasso.com/ ( )
  ptom3 | Feb 2, 2016 |

Michelle Rowen is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 116,920,740 books! | Top bar: Always visible