Enamoured

Enamoured

222,551,640 (2)None
Recently added byDnaej

Originally posted at Novel Reveries

“‘We have a fairy tale off-track.’” (loc. 228)

A novella of trust, promises and love.

“Fairy tales were necessary. They taught lessons. They charted destiny.” (loc. 237)

It all happened so fast. Granted this is a novella, but I wasn’t all too fond of the insta-love concept. I also felt like the fairy tale aspect was pointless and unnecessary, which just jumbled the plot. I liked the initial plot-line with Melanie trying to get dirt on her step father, and I believe that this take could have been expanded and developed, which would have been more pleasing. This story felt like a mystery-romance-thriller want-to-be, wrapped up in a cocoon of faux fairy tale modernization. The book should have either chose to build on the modern fairy tale with Rumplestiltkin and Esmerelda, or build on the thrilling suspense of Melanie and her mission, but should not have tried to combine them, because they didn’t mix well.

“‘You allowed Fate to step in to a Fairy Tale. We can’t have that.’” (loc. 1683)

The writing style is great, and I love the author’s emotional descriptions, as well as their inner thoughts and struggles. I really wouldn’t mind reading the author’s other regular books, if they are more developed than this novella, because she has a wonderful imagination and ability to write.

First Line: “Melanie rifled through the papers on the desk.” (loc. 47)
Last Line: “Their kiss was amazing.” (loc. 1914)
———-
*Quotes

“Life is what it is, her father used to always say, and you have to make the best with what you’ve got.” (loc. 960)

“This is why we are here. Melanie needs to learn her lesson. Gabriel needs to find his princess.” (loc. 776)

Galley provided by NetGalley via Escape Publishing

*Quotes are from uncorrected advanced galleys and may change before going to press. Please refer to the final printed book for official quotes. ( )
  Dnaej | Mar 14, 2014 |
Originally posted at Novel Reveries

“‘We have a fairy tale off-track.’” (loc. 228)

A novella of trust, promises and love.

First Line: “Melanie rifled through the papers on the desk.” (loc. 47)
Last Line: “Their kiss was amazing.” (loc. 1914)
———-
*Quotes

Galley provided by NetGalley via Escape Publishing

Dnaej | Mar 14, 2014 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 120,875,267 books! | Top bar: Always visible