Breath of Spring (Seasons of the Heart) by…

Breath of Spring (Seasons of the Heart)

by Charlotte Hubbard

I love this series. Once again, I found myself quickly picking this book up soon after I put it down. I don't think I have ever enjoyed a series as much as this. The author successfully takes the reader into the lives of the characters. When I would put the book down, I had to remind myself that it was just a book.

This books centers around Annie Mae Knepp. She and her sister have left their father's home and are on their own, as much as their community will allow. Everyone in the close knit Amish community look out for the girls and are on high alert, waiting for Hiram to seek his revenge on his wayward, disobeying daughters. Just when you think Hiram can do no more harm, cannot possibly do anything worse than he has done in the past, he steps up his crazy, bullying, downright evil schemes.

This series is a must read! ( )
  wearylibrarian | Jul 17, 2014 |
A Great Amish Fiction Read!

I have read all the books in Seasons Of The Heart Series. They just keep getting better and better. If you are looking for some great Amish fiction I highly suggest this series.

Just what is Hiram Knepp up to now? I will say this much, it isn’t anything good! Oh how this man makes my blood boil! I can’t imagine how a man could be so hateful.

Annie Mae Knepp is a confused young lady but I took to her immediately. As a mother I just wanted to take her under my wing. Such a vulnerable young lady. I wanted to protect her and assure her everything would be o.k.

Are you up to love, romance, and weddings? This book has it all. The love that is shown in this story will bring you to tears.

I love how author Charlotte Hubbard brings life to her characters. As you read, you will be taken immediately to Willow Ridge. As you turn each page that’s where you will stay until you have to put the book down. The characters are real. The heartaches are real. The faith, trust, prayers, and love of God is real too.

Thank you Charlotte Hubbard for another great read. I can’t wait to read the next book in this series, Harvest Of Blessings.

Oh yes, I must not forget to add that there are some delicious recipes included in the back of this book. They sound yummy! ( )
  passionforbooks | Jul 4, 2014 |
Just finished another visit in Willow Ridge, Missouri, and my fourth book in this series. One visit and you find yourself as part of this community, and very absorbed in their lives.
Old Hiram is still at it, and am still waiting for him to get his come upends, and pay for his sins. How can a man be so evil, ah, of course we know, and he is always their whispering in our ears. Think old Hiram has him on speed dial, Satan, of course. Not all is bleak; we have the Hooley sisters, loves that they are, preparing for their weddings. These remarkable people take hold of their loved ones, and not necessarily family, and hold tight, provide, and are there for each other.
You will be smiling and crying for all that happens here, and some good lessons are taught. Some remarkable things are about to happen to these wonderful God loving people, and some things you won’t see until they are upon you. Anne Mae the eldest daughter of Hiram, is one of the focus characters here. What a heart of gold she has for her motherless siblings. She also makes a lot of bad choices, but God is there placing people in her path to help her.
We have others who lost their way, and yet are part of the Amish faith, and one such individual is Adam Wagler, you will love how God works on him. Also the banter between Annie Mae and Adam is priceless.
I for one can’t wait for the next book in this series, while this one can be read alone, don’t deprive yourself of such awesome books. Enjoy!

I received this book through Pump Up Your Book Virtual Book Tours, and the Author Charlotte Hubbard, and was not required to give a positive review. ( )
  alekee | Jun 10, 2014 |

Annie Mae Knepp has refused to follow her father, a disgraced ex-bishop, to a new community, and now she's taking care of her five siblings on her own. Her neighbor Adam Wagler has helped her through her trials, but Annie Mae fears all of her problems mean no man will ever love her.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,427,625 books! | Top bar: Always visible