Love, Lies & the D.A. by Rebecca Rohman

Love, Lies & the D.A.

by Rebecca Rohman

183561,019 (4)None

Love, Lies & The D.A. by Rebecca Rohman, was a nicely written, suspenseful story, filled with humor, danger, and romantic moments.The story was well paced, easy to follow, and held my attention from beginning to end

Jonathan and Jada were very realistically written characters, their relationship slow building in trust, and romance, the chemistry was strong, smoldering and romantic. The primary secondary characters, the H/h family members were well written, had good presence in the story and were all very likable, especially Jada's brother Bobby. Needless to say the bad guys...were bad guys.

There were several "oh no" moments in the book for me, some making me very sad, while other just made me cheer. A few of my issues with the story were the repetitive info that would come up in conversations between Jonathan & Jada, and Jonathan, treating Jada as such a fragile person, when she was, such a strong woman for all she had been thru - both emotionally and physically.

This was my first book by Rebecca Rohman, but I was so satisfied with this book, that I ran out and got her other book Uncorked, and will move it closer to the top of my mountainous TBR stack. I hope the author continues to write, hot sexy, suspenseful stories like this one. ( )
  kerbytejas | Mar 25, 2016 |
Jada and Jonathon.... This is one long story! So much happens that one cannot go into all of the details. You will be lost!

Here is a run down. Jada catches her finace having sex with her best friend on her desk. She dumps both of them and takes off to have some time to herself. Said fiance is found dead just a couple of days later. And who is the suspect? Yep, Jada. But she was three hours away. Doesn't matter.

In walks Jonathon. Jada didn't like him from the word go. He is pompous and stuck-up. But fate keeps throwing them together in chance meetings. Jonathon turns out to be the DA... The very DA that would try her case if charges are brought up.

So who does Jada's attorney end up being? This couldn't get better... Jonathon's father. That doesn't make things complicated, does it?

Secrets about her ex-fiance start to come out. He was not only banging her best friend... but others. He was also mixed up with some really bad people who he owed money too... Like any normal sleezebag, he was swindling money from Jada without her knowing.

Now it looks like whoever killed her ex may be after her. Plus the police are investigating her. At the same time, she and Jonathon try to deny their attraction to one another.. we know how well that always works out in these stories!

This book is well-written. It will keep you guessing and on the edge of your seat for quite some time. My only reasoning for the 4 star instead of 5 star is I feel many parts were too drawn out and the monologues were jumpy. They didn't flow. It was almost like, She Jane. She Jane run. The dialogue parts were excellent though! Overall, this is a really great read! ( )
  UANBookAddict | Dec 3, 2015 |
recommended by Jess - A is for Alpha B is for Books
  Chris.BlogEmporium | May 6, 2014 |

Rebecca Rohman is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,738,736 books! | Top bar: Always visible