Four Weddings and a Kiss (4-in-1) by…

Four Weddings and a Kiss (4-in-1)

by Margaret Brownley, Debra Clopton (Contributor), Mary Connealy (Contributor), Robin Lee Hatcher (Contributor)

I enjoyed all the stories in this collection (a rarity for me in novellas like these) and especially loved Brock's Perry Mason/Matlock/Columbo moment at the end of his story. Who knew Abraham Lincoln used that technique before TV's most beloved attorneys/detectives haha! ( )
  MeezCarrie | Aug 31, 2015 |
I am such a sucker for a cowboy western story. Four Weddings and a Kiss anthology mixes the best of both worlds with the cowboy western with four of these stories. I enjoyed reading them all. Each one had charming loveable characters. Although, I have to say that my favorite stories were Spitfire Sweetheart and A Love Letter to the Editor. This is because both Maizy and Molly in my opinion really stood out. They were more bold and I liked this quality about them. Plus, they were not afraid to really speak their minds. They stood up for what they were about and still got their men in the end. Of course, all four stories did have happy endings. The romance in each one I would call as sweet and mild. There was not much other action that took place then kissing involved. ( )
  Cherylk | Sep 27, 2014 |
Such sweet stories. I enjoyed this book. ( )
  cassie.peters1 | Jul 14, 2014 |
This novel starts out with a young preacher determined not to marry the girl he loves. She's unconventional and he's positive she's not going to be accepted by his parishioners. She's wild and unruly, and actually plays...games! For pete's sake, who wouldn't have a problem with that?! It's up to his four older, wiser - and meddlesome - companions to show him the errors in his thinking.

These four novellas are a delight to read. They pack a wollop of a punch from four very talented authors and ring true. A woman who doesn't dress the way others think she should? Another who's accused of murder? When God decides to put people together, watch out. He's going to get His way, come what may. Each story hits home with a different theme we can all learn from. Forgiveness of others, loving someone for who they are, seeking God's direction in situations, trusting others, etc, the lessons don't stop. This is a fun set of novellas I will read over and over again - if not for the lesson, at least for the chuckles.

How many of us started out with someone we thought might not be right for us? Maybe he didn't have the background you thought he should, either his parents or yours objected to the relationship, or maybe, as in my case, his name wasn't right and he didn't like cats. I mean, come on! How is this going to work?! But one thing I've found, God knows what He's doing. Sometimes, we just need to let go and let God take control.

*My thanks to the publisher for providing me a copy of this book in exchange for my honest opinion. These thoughts are my own, and I was not required they be positive.* ( )
  AmandaWrites | Jun 24, 2014 |
Margaret Brownley, Debra Clopton, Mary Connealy and Robin Lee Hatcher have put together a great collection of short stories in their new book Four Weddings and a Kiss!
All these stories are about living in the Wild West, pretty young woman and dashing caring men. We have one young woman, who is like Annie Oakley, and what happens to her young man is almost beyond belief, but yes he does survive.
Then we have an almost middle age, guess she would be considered an old maid, who is well educated. Her Dad, who owns the local paper, hires a young man to be the editor, when his daughter is qualified for the job. She is so upset she wants to sabotage him and make him what to leave, but that is not the Christian thing to do, so read what happens to her!
Next we have a woman that is so traumatized by being in a tornado, which did kill her father, that she doesn’t trust anyone. To the towns amazement she hires a drifter that has just stopped to earn enough money to buy a new horse. The only way she was led to this you man, was because of God, loved how things happen here.
Last, was probably my favorite, as I loved the concept the author took, with a young woman in jail and her precocious son trying to hire a lawyer for her with his 56¢. This one is call the Black Widow, or wider as the cow pokes refer to her, and when you find out why?? Justice in Colorado is far different than in Pennsylvania at this time in history.
Each story can be read in a sitting and makes you want to keep turning the pages and read the next story. A really good clean romance, and a cute way they all tie together.

I received this book through Litfuse Publicity Book Tours, and was not required to give a positive review. ( )
  alekee | Jun 17, 2014 |

Margaret Brownleyprimary authorall editionscalculated
Clopton, DebraContributormain authorall editionsconfirmed
Connealy, MaryContributormain authorall editionsconfirmed
Hatcher, Robin LeeContributormain authorall editionsconfirmed

In 1885, five western preachers sit around a campfire talking about unlikely couples they've seen God bring together, as told in stories by Mary Connealy, Robin Lee Hatcher, Debra Clopton and Margaret Brownley. Original.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 125,582,376 books! | Top bar: Always visible