Test of Faith by Christa Allan

Test of Faith

by Christa Allan

111820,536 (4)None
#11711 (1) fiction (1) General (1) to-read (5) want (1)

Test of Faith by Christa Allan is my book club’s August selection. If you have read this novel, please let me know what you thought.

Elle Butler has a secret that she thinks will never need to be disclosed, even as her husband Logan begins his campaign for State Representative. But an unforeseen tragedy exposes the long hidden truth with repercussions felt in her marriage, relationships and her husband’s political future. Elle gave up faith long ago and is not sure what to expect from God — can she trust that He will be there for her?

Test of Faith is another great book from Christa Allan. I love how she takes difficult subjects and personalizes them with flawed and very real characters. This is the greatest strength of the novel. Some characters, like Elle’s sister, shine. You just have to love her support and wisdom throughout Elle’s life. Others, like those in real life, disappoint with their hardness and unforgiveness. And others will surprise you, making you smile at the revelation of their true colors. Test of Faith also elicited many emotions too. I was in turn mad, frustrated and touched. The faith journey that Elle takes is true to life as well. I liked how she reached out to God even though those who represented Him had let her down.

I can’t wait for our group’s discussion. I know we will be have a lot to talk about — judgmental attitudes, forgiveness, sanctity of life. I loved this book and think my group will too.

Recommended.

Great for Book Clubs.

Audience: Adults. ( )
  vintagebeckie | Aug 13, 2014 |

Christa Allan is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 117,141,987 books! | Top bar: Always visible