Forever Ours (Shattered Hearts, #0.5) by…

Forever Ours (Shattered Hearts, #0.5)

by Cassia Leo

Cassia Leo – well done, I really enjoyed!
April 2009
Start where the 14 years old Claire runs away from her foster parents try to sleep in a dumpster that night with a cereal box as a pillow, luckily the police pick her up and try to return her to her foster parents who refused to take her back.

Claire gets placed in new foster care with Chris Knight and his mom Jackie, Chris is the school tattooed bad boy who also plays in a band. From the moment Clair walks into this new foster home Chris does everything in his power to make Clair feel welcome.

The depth of both characters unfolds wonderfully as well as the growing love that forms between them.

August 2009
Claire turns 15
“There are moments in life that you know will be burned into your memory forever. Chris calls these “movie screen moments” — where everything slows down and you know that something important is about to happen

“”Claire smile and take a deep breath, then I hold out the phone to Chris. “Can you autograph it for me? So it will still be worth something when you’re rich and famous.”
He smiles as he reaches up and softly places his index finger on my lips. “I’d rather put my signature here.”””

“”She loses the smile and purses her lips. “This phone has turned me into an addict. I look at it every two minutes to check for missed calls and texts from you. It’s sick!”
Chris reach for her wrist and slowly move his hand down until the phone is in his hand. He place it gently on the bathroom counter, then look her in the eyes.
“Babe, you’re not addicted to your phone. You’re addicted to me.”
“Shut up!” she smacks my chest and he try not to laugh too loud.””

The story then progress between years where Chris leave school to play permanently in his band, Claire going to college

This is my teaser from the book:
“” Chris - “I promise to love you forever. Even when I’m lying in my grave, all dusty and cobwebbed. I’ll be whispering your name inside my coffin.”
Claire - “That is so creepy.”
Chris - “Creepy and romantic.”
Claire “I promise to love you forever, and — ”
Chris “There’s an and?”
Claire “And … I promise to make sure they bury me next to you so you can still sing me to sleep when we’re dead.
”Chris “Now that is romantic.” “”

“A girl is allowed to keep one big secret”. My secret for today is NO-NO-NO-NO WTF!!!

CLIFFHANGER ALERT, but luckily for me book 2 is already out!!!

Deleine | May 10, 2016 |
Beautiful start to a series. A young girl, Claire, is moved around from foster home to foster home and never learns the meaning of love. She's picked up on the streets after running away and is brought to the home of Chris Knight and his mother Linda. After learning that this could finally be the one home she can feel comfortable in, she begins to form a relationship with Chris. He's a musician and sings to her, writes her lyrics and just makes her feel good. She is falling for him and he is falling for her. Things are wonderful for her and Chris until some change ups come along and could very well tear their world apart. ( )
  wndy2011 | Oct 30, 2014 |

Cassia Leo is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,410,721 books! | Top bar: Always visible