Desired (Club Sin, #3) by Stacey Kennedy

Desired (Club Sin, #3)

by Stacey Kennedy

Series: Club Sin (3)

244443,774 (4)None

Reading Desired (Club Sin #3) by Stacey Kennedy, was a real pleasure. The overall story line is simple, but Ms Kennedy creates an erotically charged connection between Kyler and Ella, a trusting, loving, non-judgmental relationship. I found the story to be more in the adult contemporary genre then in the BDSM genre, although Club Sin is the lifestyle club used for the backdrop of the story; it became more of a reference, a setting, a gathering place for the books characters.

Our heroine Ella is living in a new town, after leaving her abusive husband, and waiting for her divorce to finalize. She’s educated, professional, reserved, does not see herself as a victim or a broken person and is not looking for another relationship, just wants to live life on her terms.

Kyler is a Dom at Club Sin, a cop by profession, and 100% alpha male, his need for control is of the utmost importance in his life, he too is unattached and not looking for any permanent relationship.. Kyler is sexy, dominant, playful, gentle, lacks arrogance, and is more into bondage.

The story follows a common formula, the couple are strongly attracted to each other, Ella is slowly introduced into the lifestyle (which she adopts easily), the club members become friends and form the tight “family” bond found in so many of these books, and Kyler protects Ella from all of the “bad” things that creep into the story from her past. The themes of trust, communication, safe play, and D/s are woven thought the story. The sex scenes are supportive of the story line, and involve little more than oral sex, rope play, spanking, forced orgasm, light erotic flogging, and public sex at the club. What makes the sex hot in this book, is the believable connection between Kyler and Ella, the authors writing which allows the readers imagination to participate in the action, without having graphic, in your face, shock value sex scenes. This is what I would call a extra light BDSM read, so if the heavier BDSM action is what you are looking for, this book could be a disappointment.

For me this was the most enjoyable of the three Club Sin books so far. The characters are believable, the cameo appearances of Dmitri & Presley and Aidan & Cora (the couples from books 1 & 2) help to tie the Club Sin theme together, and form the “family” that Ella is welcomed into. Rory, the books adversary and Ella’s soon to be ex-husband is quickly dispatched, and used as a lesson in communication between a Dom and his sub. There are some very tender moments in the book, and even Kyler shows that he too has had some embarrassing moment in his life.

I received this book from NetGalley on behalf of Random House Publishing Group – Loveswept, for an honest review.
Expected Pub Date: Jul 22 2014

For me this was a quick, enjoyable 4 star read.

kerbytejas | Mar 25, 2016 |
Recieved ARC from Random House Publishing Group - Loveswept through NetGalley

I've read the previous 2 titles in the Club Sin series and I though Bared was an amazing love story. But after reading Desired I feel this is the best of the 3. Already having had a glimpse of Kyler's protective side in Bared, Stacey Kennedy further elaborates on this uncomplicated and loyal Dom with both Elle discovering her ability for submission and Kyler his ability for patience. The love scenes are sensual and erotic and leave nothing to the imagination. Best BDSM series I've read since the 50 Shades Trilogy. Love this cover, it depicts all the passion between Kyler and Elle ( )
  Ash_P | Mar 8, 2016 |
I guess I should start this off by saying that I didn't really know what I was getting into when I started this book. I got an email from Netgalley with a list of new romance titles, and I requested a bunch of them without reading the summaries. (That was my first mistake.) I saw that this was a slightly different type of romance than I usually read, but I went with it, thinking it would be a good introduction to the genre. Of course, the fact that it has almost a 5 star average rating helped. I'm sorry to say that I just didn't get this one. I don't understand why everyone liked it. I didn't think it was sexy - I actually found Kyler to be very creepy, and while I liked Ella at the beginning, I was very disappointed in the way her character devolved from a strong, single woman to a woman totally dependent on, and totally willing to change, for a man she barely knows.

In Desired, Ella has just gotten out of a bad marriage. Her soon-to-be ex-husband was a violent alcoholic, and she moved from Savannah, Georgia to Las Vegas to start over. She hears a challenge on the radio to live like you only have a few months left, and decides that she wants to spend more time saying yes and less time saying no. She wants to try new things she never would have done before, and then she meets Kyler. Kyler is a police officer who's very much into BDSM. As Ella and Kyler get to know each other, the pull to bring her into his world - where he's a Master at Club Sin - gets stronger and stronger. But how can he bring Ella into his world of BDSM knowing that she's had an abusive past?

The thing that really bothered me throughout this entire book is that everybody thinks they know better than Ella. She says she doesn't want to talk about her past, that she wants to keep it in the past. But no, everybody is going to badger her about it until she breaks down and starts crying - but this is good, because it means she's showing vulnerability. Ella says that she's ready to join Kyler at Club Sin, but he says she's not ready, because clearly, after a few weeks, he knows her better than she knows herself? Ella started the book by empowering herself to leave a bad situation and take her life back into her own hands, and she finishes the book letting other people call the shots. An example:

"I don't want to talk about it," she growled, angry tears filling her eyes. How many times did she possibly have to say that? "I don't need to talk about it. I dealt with it, okay? For months I dealt with what it did to me. I have recovered from that. I don't want to go back to that time in my life."

Kyler didn't move. Was he even breathing?

He finally said, "You must, Ella. It's that simple."

She wiped her tears, cursing those damn things trailing down her cheeks, and said through clenched teeth, "I don't understand why you need to hear about what happened in the past."

(This goes on and on and on and on ad nauseam.)

The second thing - and I have to preface this by saying that I read an uncorrected proof, so this may be corrected in the final version - is that Kyler's voice is so stilted and awkward. One example - "I know that you're a person who craves to be happy." What's wrong with "I know that you crave happiness"? Less words, not awkward. Also, his little pet names for Ella - especially "little one" - made my skin crawl. If any guy called me "little one" as he was trying to seduce me, I would probably vomit and then run away. Pet names like that are the polar opposite of sexy to me.

Finally, the narration constantly reminds the reader that Kyler is a Dom. Like, every other page. At least. "You're asking Kyler to do the unthinkable when it comes to Dom behavior." "He wouldn't be a good Dom if he didn't pay attention to the sadness in Ella's soul." "His eyes blazed with his dominance as he gripped her arms tight against her back." I just searched my Kindle, and Kyler is referred to a Dom 160 times over 256 pages. This does not include all the mentions of a D/s relationship. I understand that Kyler is a Dom. He's a Master. Okay. Okay. Okay. It's pretty hard to forget. I do not need to be reminded every fifteen seconds.

Overall, given the other favorable ratings, I wonder if I just was not the target audience for this book.

Thanks to Netgalley and the publisher for the free copy. ( )
  Sara.Newhouse | Feb 11, 2016 |
5 Perfect Dom stars!

*Please note that this review contains spoilers for Bared, Book 2 of the Club Sin series.*

Wow! What a scorcher! Having read, and 5-star loved, the first two Club Sin books, I was incredibly impressed to find that not only has Stacey Kennedy delivered yet another 5-star read in Desired; but she somehow has managed to create an even steamier and more swoon worthy Dom hero! Kyler Morgan now holds the esteemed position of "topping" my Dom list!

Although this is Book 3 in the Club Sin series, it is not necessary to have read the prior books to enjoy this one, as each primarily focuses on the love life of a different master at the private BDSM club of Club Sin located in Sin City, Las Vegas, Nevada. All that said, there is definitely some carryover and continued development of the prior characters, so to the extent you plan to read them all (and believe me, after reading this one, you will definitely want to!), it is best to read this series in chronological order.

Kyler Morgan is a police officer by day; and Club Sin Master by night, whose specialty is Shibari, a Japanese form of rope bondage! He has had a number of Dom/Sub relationships with Subs at Club Sin, but none has captured his heart.

Ella Snow has just escaped an abusive marriage. Wishing to flee once and for all, she gets a restraining order, files for divorce, and moves to Las Vegas. There she lands a job with Aidan Knight, the Club Sin Master hero from Book 2, Bared. It is at Aidan's wedding, to the ever sassy, Cora (the heroine from Book 2), that Ella first meets Kyler.

Kyler knows the minute he sees her, that Ella is a "vanilla" woman. Always up for a challenge, he decides to approach her anyway and test her to see if she might possess the qualities of a submissive. Soon, much to his delight, he finds her responsive and filling his thoughts. When she mentions her recent pledge to "try new things" and live life like she only has six months to live, Kyler knows Ella is what he wants and not just for one night.

Ella, however, has no interest in running from one relationship to another, so while she can't resist Kyler's tantalizing touch, she clarifies that all she can offer is a "friends with benefits" arrangement. Kyler accepts, but proceeds to convince her otherwise.

Although she refuses to open-up to him, Kyler can see the pain in Ella's eyes. The Dom in him craves to delve deep into her soul to heal her. Additionally, until she can fully trust him, as evidenced by fully disclosing her secrets, he can't really engage fully in the BDSM lifestyle with her. While Ella fights and pushes Kyler, all the while still refusing to open up, she believes that his reluctance to fully introduce her to his world must be grounded in his belief that he thinks her to be "broken." Can there possibly be a HEA in store for this BDSM master who craves total submission and his vanilla love interest who is too afraid and embarrassed about her past to fully allow him in?

I absolutely loved Kyler! While I was reading this book, I had the privilege to tweet with Stacey Kennedy on Twitter and she mentioned that Kyler has been her "favorite since day one." Ms. Kennedy's adoration for this hero truly shows in her beautiful writing. In Kyler, Ms. Kennedy has created one of the most flawless Doms ever! His attention and devotion to Ella is unparalleled. You truly get the sense that in rendering pain to deliver sensual pleasure, Kyler could never do wrong, as he is so attuned to her, and will do anything to protect and heal her.

If you enjoy the BDSM sub-genre of romance, then I can't recommend Desired highly enough! I'm hooked, and will be eagerly awaiting the next installment, Tamed, which is due to be released later this year and will focus on Porter's and Kenzie's story.

Source: I received a review copy from the publisher via NetGalley in exchange for an honest review. ( )
  B.J.O. | Jul 10, 2014 |

Readers of Fifty Shades of Grey are sure to love Desired, USA Today bestselling author Stacey Kennedy’s latest seductive, electrifying novel of Club Sin, where fantasy becomes reality.   Kyler Morgan, Master at the legendary Club Sin in Las Vegas, knows how to give women what they want—too well. He hasn’t had a real challenge in a long time. Then Ella Snow enters his life. Beautiful, inhibited, and innocent in the ways of submission and domination, Ella is the new blood he’s been lusting after. Soon, the thrill of training her to embrace his world brings forth desires Kyler cannot control.   After ending an abusive relationship, Ella makes a promise to herself to start living life to the fullest. It’s one of the reasons she seeks out Club Sin. Here, Kyler’s every touch is a lesson in liberation, stirring passions that have no bounds. But as she falls under Kyler’s command, Ella discovers that some secrets are so dark they must come to light. Submission alone may not be enough to save her, leaving her Master with only one question: How can he help Ella heal while unlocking the deep pleasures she craves?  Desired is an erotic romance intended for mature audiences.  Includes a special message from the editor, as well as excerpts from other Loveswept titles

Readers of Fifty Shades of Grey are sure to love Desired, USA Today bestselling author Stacey Kennedy's latest seductive, electrifying novel of Club Sin, where fantasy becomes reality. Kyler Morgan, Master at the legendary Club Sin in Las Vegas, knows how to give women what they want'too well. He hasn't had a real challenge in a long time. Then Ella Snow enters his life. Beautiful, inhibited, and innocent in the ways of submission and domination, Ella is the new blood he's been lusting after. Soon, the thrill of training her to embrace his world brings forth desires Kyler cannot control. After ending an abusive relationship, Ella makes a promise to herself to start living life to the fullest. It's one of the reasons she seeks out Club Sin. Here, Kyler's every touch is a lesson in liberation, stirring passions that have no bounds. But as she falls under Kyler's command, Ella discovers that some secrets are so dark they must come to light. Submission alone may not be enough to save her, leaving her Master with only one question: How can he help Ella heal while unlocking the deep pleasures she craves' Desired is an erotic romance intended for mature audiences. Praise for the Club Sin series "Claimed sucked me in! Stacey Kennedy weaves together the intense BDSM lifestyle with the soft touch of a sweeter, more traditional love story in a novel with an engaging heroine at its heart."'J. Kenner, New York Times bestselling author of Release Me "Deliciously sexy, Claimed will captivate you at once, leading you on an erotic journey that you won't want to end. A fabulous talent, Kennedy shines in this fast-paced and exciting novel."'New York Times bestselling author Cheyenne McCray "Tender, emotional'and smoking hot!"'Savanna Fox, author of the Dirty Girls Book Club series, on Claimed "Bared is a seductively haunting tale of control and surrender that will tantalize existing fans of the series while enticing new readers into the passionate world of Club Sin."'Eliza Gayle, New York Times bestselling author of Submissive Beauty "Bared is a hot blend of raw sensuality, and Stacey Kennedy is an author to watch!"'Eden Bradley, author of The Dark Garden and Dangerously Bound Includes a special message from the editor, as well as excerpts from other Loveswept titles.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,426,499 books! | Top bar: Always visible