Destined for Darkness by Lucian Barnes

Destined for Darkness

by Lucian Barnes

212,551,640 (5)None
Recently added byTxYanky, LadyNocturnus

Personally I believe this book should be read in it's published order...but I would suggest reading at least the first three books before you read this one otherwise it will ruin alot of the surprises in the series. The first book is Desolace. The second book is Haven (Desolace). The third book is Outpost 13 (Desolace). The fourth book is City of the Dead (Desolace). This series must be read in order and this is the only book that is a blast from the past and does not fit in the series order chronologically.

This book illustrates George's life and how he got to be the way he is. But first it starts with the story of his father's life and eventually his birth. It is a very scary book and not to be missed! I never would have thought it would be in me to ever empathize withe George on any level but there were times in this book where I felt for him as a person. From the way the story is laid out you can see he had no choice really in what his eventual life would be...those choices were made for him by others and beyond his control.

This book is definitely a horror story with a dash of fantasy whereas the other books in the series are horror/fantasy completely. I am glad this book was not released as a prequel but as an added bonus story to further explain one of the characters. I am not sure I would have made it past this book if it was the first regardless of the fact the writing is awesome. But as I read the books in proper order this book was just explanation of how things came to be.. and necessary :) I really love this series and can not wait to read more!!!

***This series is suitable for ADULT readers ONLY!!! Especially this installment! ( )
  LadyNocturnus | Mar 15, 2014 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 127,324,997 books! | Top bar: Always visible