Romancing the Ordinary by Sarah Ban…

Romancing the Ordinary

by Sarah Ban Breathnach

I really wanted to like this, and I do like it in theory, but it is gender essentialist as hell and I am not interested in getting in touch with my sacred femininity, so. ( )
  jen.e.moore | Nov 16, 2016 |
I am a very big fan of Sarah Ban Breathnach. Romancing the Ordinary is what I call "The book one needs to make love to yourself". Unlike Simple Abundance where you have something to read daily - this is set up by months. I love this because I like to pick it up from time to time and romance myself according to the season. It is full of wonderful ways to be good to you, with recipes and treats that are sure to make you feel special. I loved this book.
  LonelyBookJunkie | Jan 12, 2010 |
A gentle reminder that there can be romance in our ordinary, every day lives - and that there is no such thing as an ordinary life. Lovely. ( )
  Elishibai | Jun 3, 2007 |
Dear Reader,
Welcome.

Van de schrijfster van Eenvoud in overvloed.
Rijkdom in eenvoud van Sarah Ban Breathnach is opnieuw een boek vol inspiratie en wijsheid dat zal leiden tot meer persoonlijke en spirituele bewustwording.
Op basis van voorbeelden uit mythes, literatuur, film en muziek laat Rijkdom in eenvoud zien hoe belangrijk de zintuigen zijn en welke spirituele inspiratie deze kunnen geven. Sarah Ban Breathnach bewijst dat vrouwen niet slechts vijf zintuigen hebben, maar zeven. Behalve het herontdekken van zien, horen, ruiken, proeven en voelen ontwikkelen vrouwen ook hun gevoel voor 'weten' - de intuïtie van de vrouw - en 'verwonderen' - haar gevoel voor vervoering en eerbied.

In her first major book since "Something More," #1 "New York Times" bestselling author Sarah Ban Breathnach takes readers to a new level of personal fulfillment and spiritual awareness as they learn to rediscover and savor the sensual experience of daily life.

Organized as a saunter through the year, "Romancing the Ordinary" celebrates the spirituality of the senses, seasonally and monthly. Ban Breathnach believes that women are endowed not with five senses but with seven. In addition to rediscovering sight, sound, scent, taste, and touch, readers will come to cherish their sense of "knowing" -- a woman's intuitive sense -- and "wonder," her sense of rapture and reverence.

Writing in the style so beloved by her millions of readers, and drawing on myth, literature, film, music, and drama, Ban Breathnach encourages each woman to discover what moves her to tears, makes her blood rush to her head, her heart skip a beat, and her soul sigh. Interwoven with the text are seasonal indulgences intended to restore weary feminine souls -- recipes, rituals, decorating, fashion, and gardening hints. By encouraging her to delight in the often overlooked gifts of every day -- from the aroma of simmering homemade spaghetti sauce to the sensation of freshly laundered linen against bare skin -- "Romancing the Ordinary" is sure to help every woman fall in love with Life.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:20:03 -0400)

Celebrating the spirituality of the senses, the author highlights seven important senses--sight, sound, scent, taste, touch, knowing, and wonder--through a series of daily reflections and meditations and encourages women to discover the sensual experiences of everyday life.… (more)

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 115,197,088 books! | Top bar: Always visible