Remember Me by Romily Bernard

Remember Me

by Romily Bernard

This book terrified me, made me giddy, and broke my heart pretty much all at the same time.

Romily Bernard has an excellent writing style and it's very clear she does her research! There's all kinds of computer and hacker lingo that comes across very well and makes it clear that now only is our heroine Wick fluent in binary but Romily knows a thing or two as well. The writing and the language is very well done!

The characters are also wonderful! I really like Wick because she has a lot of demons that she's dealing with but all she really wants is for the people she loves to be safe, and that is very clearly seen in this novel. Everything Wick has to do, no matter how much she may love it or hate it, she does for her family and for Griff, the boy she loves.

The only thing that bothered me in this book was the introduction of Milo. He was pretty cool, but I am seriously not a fan of love triangles when I already adore the first love interest. In this case, it's Griff. I really like Griff, and it's clear how much he loves Wick, which is why it's so frustrating when another boy is thrown in the mix! It's understandable however, that it adds to the plot and the tension of the book, and it gives Wick the opportunity to figure out what she wants, not only concerning her love life, but what she wants out of life as a whole.

Overall, I loved this book! The mystery was terrifying, the romance parts were wonderful, and Wick is just as awesome as she was in Find Me!

Go read Find Me if you haven't and then get Remember Me when it comes out on September 23rd because you don't wanna miss out on this series! ( )
  mmalyn | Feb 24, 2018 |
Review
I was enthralled with Find Me, and Remember didn't disappoint.

Wick is still one of my favorite characters. She continues to do all she can to protect her sister, and the life she has now. She doesn't like dealing with Carson but doesn't see that she has a choice. He could screw up her entire life. Griff kind of annoyed me in this book. He says he cares for Wick, but he doesn't understand why she's still working with cases for Carson. He hasn't been in the situation, and he comes off as very "judgy."

There are so many twists and turns in this book. Yo ustay interestend in the plot, and want to know who's behind the murder, and why. There are more tense scenes thta include breaking and entering, and of course, more hacking. Wick is good at what she does, but doesn't want to be just that. She wants to be more, and doesn't know how to get there. I feel like she spends most of the book trying to be what everyone else wants her to be.

I love everything about this book, and cannot wait for the 3rd one. Too bad it's another year away. Luckily we have Griff's story to hold us over.

Giveaway
Win (1) of (2) signed paperbacks of Find Me Remember Me by Romily Bernard (US Only)
a Rafflecopter giveaway
  BookishThings | Mar 23, 2016 |
After loving Find Me, I was super excited, although a little wary, to start Remember Me. I was a little nervous because I wasn't sure where else the story could go! However, the quick introduction of a fantastic plot and a cast of awesome characters assured me that Wick's tale was far from finished.

First of all, I really love Wick. Sure, she had her flaws, but I love how she is so different from the average YA heroine. She is a hacker, an outcast in some ways, and is not a "nice" teenage girl. She is not afraid to stoop to her enemy's level. Her sister and adoptive mom are very important to her, and she does whatever she can to protect them. The author gave Wick strengths, imperfections, and uniqueness.

Other important characters included Detective Carson, Griffin, and Milo. I really, really, really disliked Carson. I can't believe all the things he put Wick through!!! Next we have Griffin, Wick's love interest. He is really sweet and all that. However, Milo, to me, seems to understand Wick better. By the way, Milo Gray is an amazing new character that has a thing for Wick. He's way more fun than Griffin, so I am definitely on Milo's side! So far though, nothing has really happened between him and Wick.

The plot was really awesome as well. There is so much stuff jammed in: Wick's mother's suicide, a mysterious message, video tapes, deaths, Judge Bay, and lots of other stuff! I was in the tips of my toes the entire time, and flew through the pages. However, the ending was pretty cruel. I wanted more!!!

I definitely recommend the Find Me series to anyone who loves mysteries, action, and dark, complex characters. I cannot wait for the third book, Trust Me.

4/5 Stars

*Received for free in exchange for an honest review* ( )
  Emily_Anne | Sep 27, 2014 |
Review courtesy of Dark Faerie Tales

Quick & Dirty: Suspenseful sequel that I couldn’t put down! I loved every minute of this story and I would highly recommend it to anyone that is looking for a great YA mystery!

Opening Sentence: Somehow I think I always knew I’d get arrested.

The Review:

Wick Tate thought that her life was finally going to be normal. Her criminal father is finally behind bars, her and her sister Lily got adopted into a loving family, and she has an amazing boyfriend that totally gets her. Things were looking good until Wick is dragged into another murder investigation. A body has been found with the words REMEMBER ME carved into it.

Wick doesn’t want to help solve anymore murder cases, but it looks like she doesn’t really have a choice. Detective Carson is requiring that she use her special hacker skills to help him and he is blackmailing her, threatening to harm her family if she refuses. As the pressure builds things start to unravel and Wick soon realizes that living a normal teenage life just isn’t in the cards for her. The past always has a way with catching up to you and Wick can’t seem to stop herself from pushing everyone she cares about away.

I loved Wick in the first book and I was so happy that I was able to be inside her head again. She is a snarky girl with lots of attitude, but she is also a very caring person that is always trying to do the right thing. You get to see a different side to her in this book which I really liked. She is finally in a stable environment and she doesn’t know how to handle it. There is a part of her that is really struggling with who she wants to be. Not everything in life is black and white, and the grey really has Wick confused. Her talents with the computer can help a lot of people, but it can also be used to hurt people. Deep down I think that Wick is a good person but with the situation she has been given it is hard to be perfect. I loved that she is so flawed, but that doesn’t stop her from always trying to be better. She doesn’t let many people into her life but she would do anything for the ones she does. I really respected Wick and she has quickly become one of my favorite heroines!

Griff is just as charming as ever and I didn’t think it was possible for me to love him more but I was wrong. He is someone that you can really look up to because he is such a good person. He looks for the best in people and doesn’t let his anger get the better of him. But his best moments are when he is with Wick! He is very protective of her and he is supportive even when he doesn’t agree with what she is doing. They have extremely hot chemistry and I personally think they are perfect for each other. But their relationship has some obstacles that come up throughout the story and I am really hoping that they can work through them.

I will be honest, I wasn’t very happy at first that there was another boy competing for Wick’s heart, but Milo quickly grew on me. He is very similar to Wick and in a way understands her like no one else can. He is gorgeous, funny, and very intelligent. He brings out a more dangerous side to Wick that was interesting to see. I think that Milo is really good for Wick because he gives her an opportunity to choose who she really wants to be. Milo definitely isn’t Griff, but he has some great qualities and ended up being a great asset to the story.

Remember Me was an action packed mystery that was impossible to put down. I really enjoyed Find Me, so this story had some pretty big shoes to fill, but it lived up to all my expectations. The plot was full of suspense and the ending totally took me by surprise. I instantly reestablished my connection with all the old characters and quickly grew to love all the new ones. Bernard’s writing style is very engaging and I have become a huge fan of her work. The only negative thing I have to say is the ending was complete torture, and I don’t know how I am going to wait a whole year to read the last book. I would highly recommend this series to all mystery fans, it is one of my favorites in this genre!

Notable Scene:

Two women crash into me and I stumble. Bren’s pulling me away, but I can’t stop staring. I can’t believe what I’m seeing.

It’s a dead woman.

She’s dressed like an angel and propped into a sitting position underneath Bay’s enormous grinning photo graph. More people plow into us, running for the door, and Bren tugs me close, using one palm to shield my face from the sight. Too late. I close my eyes and the curl of body blooms behind them. The dead girl’s dress is torn halfway off, her chest is bloody, but you can still read the words someone carved:

REMEMBER ME.

FTC Advisory: Harper Teen provided me with a copy of Remember Me. No goody bags, sponsorships, “material connections,” or bribes were exchanged for my review. ( )
  DarkFaerieTales | Jul 12, 2014 |

If you like The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo or Michelle Gagnon’s Don’t Turn Around trilogy, you’ll love Remember Me by Romily Bernard.

In this edge-of-your-seat thrilling sequel to Find Me, Wick Tate, sarcastic teen hacker, is back. Wick had thought her troubles were over. But she should’ve known better. Now Wick is once again dealing with criminals and corrupt cops . . . and a brooding new love interest. The pressure might be too much, as secrets—including Wick’s own—climb to the surface. Will Wick persevere like she has before?

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:08:03 -0400)

"Teen hacker Wick Tate has to decide between right and wrong as she tries to solve another murder and discover the truth about her mother's suicide"--

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 126,378,960 books! | Top bar: Always visible