They All Fall Down by Roxanne St. Claire

They All Fall Down

by Roxanne St. Claire

One of Us Is Lying by Karen M. McManus (Anonymous user)

I have mixed feelings about this book. I think that the main problem that deters me from giving it a higher rating is the main character. I really could not understand or like her. I couldn't believe how judgmental she was, or how she couldn't realize the size of her own ego. I loved Levi, but she did not deserve him from the get-go. Three words in and she was already belittling him and his academics in her head despite knowing so little. My eyes were rolling so hard that they nearly popped out.

I think that the story got a lot better for me when it began to become more plot driven and not solely focusing on the MC's thoughts. However, the ending was way too far fetched. Overall, I rate it 3.25 stars. ( )
  spellbindingstories | May 24, 2018 |
The Good
-Good mystery, especially in the last third of the book.
-Genuine surprises
-Open ending that leaves you wanting more

The Bad
-The first half of the book is pretty slow
-None of the characters are particularly well developed (Some are caricatures, others are just unlikable) ( )
  LifeofaLiteraryNerd | Apr 27, 2018 |
Similar to the book I reviewed above, this is another book that suffers from trying to do too much, and overstretching an interesting premise. When the narrator, a self-described Latin nerd, finds herself number five on the legendary "Hottie List" at her school, her whole world changes--including finding herself narrowly escaping a series of almost-lethal accidents.

It turns out she is not the only girl on the list who keeps finding herself in danger. As girls around her fall victim to their own mysterious accidents, in the order they are found on the list, our narrator must find a way to solve the mystery and save herself.

Where the book lost me was towards the end. It's such an intriguing concept-ten people on a list, mysteriously dying one by one in ways that could never be proven as murder-but the end of the book gets, to put it bluntly, ridiculous. The way St. Claire chooses to resolve the mystery just doesn't work for me at all. ( )
  seasonsoflove | May 15, 2017 |
This is one of the most hilarious books that I have read in a long time.

It's not a comedy. ( )
  allyofthedawn | Sep 12, 2015 |
Shot Review:

Well this book states it's Pretty Little Liars meets Final Destination. Yah, no. I can see Pretty Little Liars. Final Destination, no. I was hoping for a lot more death. The death part was like one sentance thrown into the awesome love triangle and the eye rolling lame romance.

So there's a "bad" boy and the "jock", oh big surprise.

I could rant forever about this, and i will once i write the full review.

Overall, it was an okay story, i liked it, it keep my attention, but it wasn't what i expected. ( )
  booklife4life | Jul 3, 2015 |

Pretty Little Liars meets Final Destination in this YA psychological thriller that will have readers’ hearts racing right till the very end!

Every year, the lives of ten girls at Vienna High are transformed.

All because of the list.

Kenzie Summerall can’t imagine how she’s been voted onto a list of the hottest girls in school, but when she lands at number five, her average life becomes dazzling. Doors open to the best parties, new friends surround her, the cutest jock in school is after her.

This is the power of the list. If you’re on it, your life changes.

If you’re on it this year? Your life ends.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:23:39 -0400)

Kenzie's life is transformed when she's voted one of the prettiest girls at Vienna High, but when the girls on the list start to die, she's determined to uncover the deadly secrets of the list before her number's up.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 126,308,822 books! | Top bar: Always visible