The Third Twin by C. J. Omololu

The Third Twin

by C. J. Omololu

4.5 stars!

The only real disappointment that I have is that it's already over and I feel like I read it too fast. I couldn't help it though - it kept me wanting to know what happened next so I had to keep going!

Definitely a good YA mystery/thriller that I'd recommend. The fun part was coming up with my own theories of who was behind everything. It was a nice break from my usual servings of fluffy romance books. ( )
  tabbyisnotacat | Apr 29, 2017 |
Lexi and Ava are identical twins who were adopted at 6 months. When they were young girls they created a third twin, Alicia, to blame whenever there were any mishaps. Now that they are seniors in high school they use Alicia as their alter ego. Alicia is sexy, confident, and lives in the moment. The girls use Alicia to date boys they would never be with in real life or when they want to embody the persona they created for Alicia. The only problem is that the boys Alicia has recently dated are turning up dead. All the evidence is pointing to the Alicia. As Lexi runs from the cops she has to figure out if her sister Ava is the murderer or if Alicia is real.

Although there were small parts of the book I thought the author could have done without, I enjoyed most of the story. I took a star away because I didn't enjoy finding out who the killer was nor the reason she gave for killing the boys. The journey leading up was much better than the end.

Overall I liked the book and I would recommend reading. ( )
  JessicaGarcia6 | Jan 30, 2017 |
When they were young, twins Lexi and Ava invented a third identical sibling, Alicia, whom they blamed for everything they had done which might have gotten them into trouble. Now as seniors, they still use the fictitious Alicia when one of them wants to date an inappropriate boy for a brief time. The girls see this as hilarious and fun which it is until the boys start to wind up dead and all the clues point to Alicia!
I think my students will enjoy this fast paced nail biter. I had initial ideas about the killer, and to my delight, I wasn't right. ( )
1 vote JRlibrary | May 8, 2016 |
2.5 stars, really.
Identical twins "create" a third twin that they blame for anything either of them does wrong. Later, they dress up as this third twin to go out with hot, but questionable boys. Then 2 of the boys Alicia dates are murdered, and both twins insist they had nothing to do with it. Who is killing them? Not surprisingly, each twin comes to suspect the other. And they make some stupid choices like lying to the police, and later, taking things into their own hands without contacting police. Like when I'm watching some Lifetime movies, I found myself "telling" them "don't do that!"
I thought I had the ending figured out, but I only got part of it right.
Some good writing, some interesting (but kind of stupid/naive) characters, and a somewhat predictable ending. ( )
  cherybear | Apr 22, 2016 |
Alexa and Ava are identical twins. When they were young they pretended to have another identical sister that was to blame for everything. As they grew older, the third sister allowed them to step out of their comfort zones and be someone they weren't in reality and date people they wouldn't normally be seen with. Alicia has certain rules to go by, especially when it comes to boys, but someone is starting to break those rules. When a boy is killed after going on a date with Alicia, really Lexi, she decides it's time to stop the game but Ava isn't up for it. Lexi realizes she's starting to get in too deep when evidence starts piling up making her the number one suspect and also puts Ava near the crime scenes. Has Ava turned into a killer or is someone else trying to set them up?

I really enjoyed this book. After starting the story it became clear how the novel would end, or so I thought. While I was correct in my main assumption, twists were thrown in to keep me wondering about who the killer really was. The author did a great job of leading me to believe that it would go one way, only to plant seeds of doubt after a few more pages. I just had to keep reading to see who was being themselves and who was just playing a part.

Overall a wonderful story that I'm glad I had the chance to read. I liked that I was able to guess parts and that others kept me guessing. It was well written and suspenseful. ( )
  JaidisShaw | Apr 15, 2016 |

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 117,015,810 books! | Top bar: Always visible