365 Days of Wonder: Mr. Browne's Book…

365 Days of Wonder: Mr. Browne's Book of Precepts

by R. J. Palacio

Precepts are words to live by, as Mr. Browne taught his fifth grade students in Wonder. In this compilation of 365 inspirational precepts, we get a glimpse into Mr. Browne's world of teaching. Each day of the year has a precept that is either a famous quote from a philosopher, a saying on a fortune cookie, lyrics from a song, among others. After each month, Mr. Browne compiles a short chapter that gives us further insight into our favorite Wonder characters, such as August, Summer, and Julian. This is a book that celebrates the goodness in humanity, overcoming obstacles, and wise words to live by. Some of my favorites include: "It's not about whether you get knocked down, it's whether you get up" - Vince Lombardi and "Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened" - Dr. Seuss. This book is recommended to all tween readers and even adults who need some inspirational words to live by.

Taylor W. / Marathon County Public Library
Find this book in our library catalog.

mcpl.wausau | Sep 25, 2017 |
Companion to Palacio's novel Wonder, this is a collection of maxims, a quote for every day of the year about courage, friendship, love, and kindness.
  Lake_O_UCC | May 28, 2017 |
Non-fiction 808.88 ... hm ... what else is at that number?
  Cheryl_in_CC_NV | Jun 5, 2016 |
I didn't really like the book Wonder by R.J. Palacio but I did like the many precepts included in each chapter of the book. This is a collection of precepts (365 to be exact) based off of the original story. ( )
  Erika.D | Jan 28, 2016 |
Great! If I was a teacher I would make this required reading or read aloud to younger students. Both these "Wonder" books are a gem.
  MissItaly | Jan 28, 2016 |

In the #1 New York Times bestselling novel Wonder, readers were introduced to memorable English teacher Mr. Browne and his love of precepts. Simply put, precepts are principles to live by, and Mr. Browne has compiled 365 of them—one for each day of the year—drawn from popular songs to children’s books to inscriptions on Egyptian tombstones to fortune cookies. His selections celebrate kindness, hopefulness, the goodness of human beings, the strength of people’s hearts, and the power of people’s wills. Interspersed with the precepts are letters and emails from characters who appeared in Wonder. Readers hear from Summer, Jack, Charlotte, Julian, and Amos.

There’s something for everyone here, with words of wisdom from such noteworthy people as Anne Frank, Martin Luther King Jr., Confucius, Goethe, Sappho—and over 100 readers of Wonder who sent R. J. Palacio their own precepts.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:06:08 -0400)

"A book of precepts, with one saying for each day, from Auggie's teacher Mr. Brown"--

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,736,879 books! | Top bar: Always visible