Cache 72 (A Jaxon Jennings Novel) by Richard…

Cache 72 (A Jaxon Jennings Novel)

by Richard C Hale

254428,870 (4)1

Loved it .. very different mystery, with ever evolving puzzles to solve.. Fantastic book for geocachers especially. I was introduced to that addictive pastime some time ago by a very good friend. There are currently over 6 million geocachers across the world and millions of caches to explore. This story makes the game taken on a different dimension and makes it so exciting. Highly recommend this book to everyone (not just current geocachers) - if you want to know more check out www.geocaching.com ( )
  Mecaza | Jun 23, 2015 |
This is the best murder mystery I've read. It kept me on edge and moved fast. Very original story line that kept me guessing until the end. It was well edited and error free. I can't imagine anybody not liking this book. I will be looking for more from this author. ( )
  MSgtMackel | May 23, 2015 |
This was definitely a huge improvement over the last Jaxon Jennings novel. Unlike the last novel, there weren't as many extra details, and what was there was pertinent to the plot or at the very least not SO monotonous that I wanted to stop reading. It was relatively fast paced, which made it much easier to get through as well.

I would have liked a little more (in the beginning) about what GeoCaching is, but it was a little easier to figure out as the story went along.

The only real issue I had with it, other than the writing tended to be a little simple/ repetitive in spots was that parts of the trail itself became repetitive, although it kind of worked with the killer's personality. I also got a little confused with the timeline because chapters stopped including how much time was left or had passed. It also felt like a few of the chapters were out of order, according to the time plot, although that could have been me misreading it.

SPEAKING OF THE KILLER, that seems to be a common plot point in Hale's stories that's getting predictable. The killer always seems to be the father of one of the victims and he always goes after Jaxon because of something he did earlier in life. I really hope his other two books aren't the same. I mean, seriously, how many psychotic people can one man piss off in his life that have the means to get back at him later for it? ( )
  cebellol | Jul 22, 2014 |
Once again, Jaxon Jennings has found himself in the midst of a seemingly impossible situation. While exploring his new hobby, GeoCaching, Jaxon comes across a box containing a severed finger and a piece of paper. He now has 72 hours to solve the mystery and save a young girl's life. With the help of some old friends and new ones he makes along the way, will Jaxon reach his goal?

I love Richard Hale's gripping style and believable characters. A nice, tight ending with a bit of a surprise to delight you. I would definitely recommend this book. ( )
  Valenchia | Mar 16, 2014 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,364,907 books! | Top bar: Always visible