Dream Boy by Madelyn Rosenberg

Dream Boy

by Madelyn Rosenberg

The last two years have been an emotional drain for myself and family. It is in my dreams that I have looked for calmness and clarity. It is in the night that I have spoken with the dead or simply soared with the birds in the sky. It is in those midnight hours that my mind has healed itself and has recovered just enough to handle the task of waking to be with the dying. Alzheimer’s is a cruel friend and for four long years we watched my grandmother struggle with it. I read this book during her final battle with this disease. It soothed me as I imagined the characters coming to life. I looked upon my grandmother as she lay unconscious and thought that perhaps she was a dreamer waiting for her chance to step into the light. This book is about a young girl named Annabelle and her mysterious gift of creating reality, for she has the ability to bring her dreams to life. What seems to be a mixed blessing turns into a nightmare when her fears become a reality.

I really enjoyed this book and found myself captivated with the world of the in between. It seemed as if those that had been made real by Annabelle were lost souls, like those that are lost in purgatory. I enjoyed how the author incorporated all of the characters together and made the story easy to read. I was not disappointed and read the story quickly. I can honestly recommend this book to both teenagers and adults. I believe it is going to be a great series and I am looking forward to reading the author’s other works. Great job author! ( )
  Jennifer35k | Feb 1, 2015 |
3.5 stars for a unique fantasy!! I love the theme of dreams in this story, but for some reason, I didn't like the main character very much. She grew on me by the end--review to be posted on the blog! ( )
  What_Katie_Read | Dec 1, 2014 |
ARC Review of Dream Boy SYNOPSIS
Annabelle Manning feels like she’s doing time at her high school in Chilton, Virginia. She has her friends at her lunchtime table of nobodies. What she doesn’t have are possibilities. Or a date for Homecoming. Things get more interesting at night, when she spends time with the boy of her dreams. But the blue-eyed boy with the fairytale smile is just that—a dream. Until the Friday afternoon he walks into her chemistry class. One of friends suspects he’s an alien. Another is pretty sure it’s all one big case of deja vu. While Annabelle doesn’t know what to think, she’s willing to believe that the charming Martin Zirkle may just be her dream come true. But as Annabelle discovers the truth behind dreams—where they come from and what they mean—she is forced to face a dark reality she had not expected. More than just Martin has arrived in Chilton. As Annabelle learns, if dreams can come true, so can nightmares.

Dream Boy is a book I received from Netgalley in Exchange for an honest review. To see my Review go to http://kindreddreamheart.blogspot.com/2014/05/arc-review-dream-boy-by-madelyn.html#more
  Courtney_Chance | Jun 19, 2014 |

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 117,017,364 books! | Top bar: Always visible