How to Cheer Up Dad by Fred Koehler

How to Cheer Up Dad

by Fred Koehler

Sweet and funny, reminds me a little of Calvin & Hobbes, especially the ending ("I wonder how much cheering up Dad will need tomorrow..."). An amusing take on parenting from the kid's perspective. ( )
  JennyArch | Jul 15, 2016 |
I love this book! I like how it is simple yet addresses a complex idea of how to cheer someone up. I could also see it being good for kids who struggle with guessing what will happen next. As I was reading it, several questioning prompts came into my head, so I think this would be exceptionally easy and will placed during days that the students finish lessons early. ( )
  Elizabeth_Lempola | Mar 4, 2016 |
Little Jumbo goes to great things to cheer up his dad, unaware the he is the cause of his dad's bad mood. ( )
  Sullywriter | May 22, 2015 |
How to Cheer Up Dad by Fred Koehler
Find this book at your local library
Genre: Single parent, single dads, elephants, fathers and sons

Jumbo’s father is having a bad day. Although Jumbo seems to be at the root of the problems, he does his best to cheer up his dad by doing all of his dad’s favorite things.

This is really one of the sweetest books I have come across in a while. The illustrations are purely adorable, especially little Jumbo. Just look at that face on the cover. What I like best is the juxtoposition between illustrations and the text on each page. Although would be be something very short and vague, the illustration really showed how Jumbo was the troublemaker, acting in the ways that toddlers are want to do. Throwing raisins all over the floor instead of eating them, running around naked rather than letting dad get his dressed, etc.

Read more at: https://librarycrossing.wordpress.com/2014/09/22/book-review-how-to-cheer-up-dad-by-fred-koehler/ ( )
  TheNovelWorld | Jan 31, 2015 |

A hilarious book about parent and child relationships for fans of Ian Falconer and Jon Agee--a perfect gift idea for Father's Day and beyond!

Little Jumbo just can't understand why his dad is having such a bad day. It couldn't be the raisins Little Jumbo spit out at the ceiling or the bath he refused to take--after all, Little Jumbo's dad knew he hated raisins and had already taken a bath that week! Luckily, Little Jumbo is such a thoughtful elephant that he decides to turn his dad's bad day around with some of his--ahem, his dad's--favorite things.

How to Cheer up Dad is a standout debut featuring a charmingly oblivious little elephant with serious pluck and staying power. It turns the parent-child roles upside down is a great book for dads and the kids who make them laugh.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:01:03 -0400)

"A young elephant sees his dad is in a bad mood and tries to cheer him up, not realizing his own mischief caused the bad mood in the first place"--

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 117,080,034 books! | Top bar: Always visible