Belle Fury by Lola Dodge

Belle Fury

by Lola Dodge

312,001,085 (4.33)None

Review courtesy of Dark Faerie Tales

Quick & Dirty: A red hot romance that might just destroy a building!

Opening Sentence: “One of the girls in the corps de ballet eyed me as I shoved the last hunk of Devil Dog into my mouth, careful not to sprinkle chocolate on my tutu.”

The Review:

Belle is in the middle of dancing the most important role in her career when her power manifests and nearly takes down the house. No seriously, it almost really destroys the Opera House. Belle runs out of the performance in horror and looking for comfort food. Red Ruin and the other superheroes are called in to pick her up. Ryan (Red Ruin) and Belle connect immediately, and as he helps her figure out her powers and how to control them. Belle will be faced the most challenging decision of all, whether or not to keep her powers.

I hate that I can’t say much about this without giving it away. It was a super short story about novella length, but a total gem. I haven’t read this series at all, but I will be fixing that shortly! Belle was a total badass, and I seriously loved that even though she was a powerhouse ballerina she liked to eat! She choose to eat healthy most of the time, but that girl liked her food! Her wit, and the snark, there were several moments where I laughed out literally!

Another major plus was even though I had not read any of the other books I was able to just dive right in and enjoy this! I didn’t feel lost or confused about what was going! Ryan was smoking hot too, and the best boyfriend. Honestly, my only complaint would be the length. I just did not get enough of that book! I needed more Belle and Ryan, like a lot more! I needed them to save the world or something! All in all a great book, and interesting series. I am on board to read the rest of them as soon as I can!

Notable Scenes:

“The power tore through the wooden planking and into the orchestra pit.”

“People were asking whether she was the best dancer in history.”

“Like an actual person instead of the cover model-stereotype he should’ve been.”

“I always did know how to impress a man.”

“Maybe a curse from the dance gods.”

“Down comforters were the best things for a wounded soul.”

“In time, the rest would fall together.”

“This was what I was meant for and I was only touching the surface.”

FTC Advisory: Samhain provided me with a copy of Belle Fury. No goody bags, sponsorships, “material connections,” or bribes were exchanged for my review. ( )
  DarkFaerieTales | Feb 23, 2016 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 120,644,602 books! | Top bar: Always visible