Feeling Good: The New Mood Therapy by David…

Feeling Good: The New Mood Therapy (original 1980; edition 1999)

by David D. Burns

Member:Enka
Title:Feeling Good: The New Mood Therapy
Authors:David D. Burns
Info:Harper (1999), Edition: Reprint, Mass Market Paperback, 736 pages
Collections:To read

Feeling Good: The New Mood Therapy by David D. Burns (1980)

I haven't read it yet. It is one of the books the brought CBT cognitive behaviour therapy to the mainstream.
  karenw215 | Aug 16, 2018 |
This is good, really good. So why did I not finish it? There's so many examples and so many things possible to do it just exhausted me and started making me think I needed to do everything or I wouldn't heal, so I got stressed and overwhelmed myself. No fault of the book, but I do wish it was more digestible and introduced one thing at a time instead of 10. I'll perhaps return to this book once I try other books of this genre that I hope are easier to get started on my journey. There's also all kind of exercises once can find on Google, just by typing cognitive behavior therapy, so I think giving those a go and then diving deeper when one feels needs a push or more help to heal is the ideal course. For me, of course, and people like me that get easily overwhelmed or stressed because they want perfection or feel fear from missing out. ( )
  NessaS | Jul 8, 2018 |
The good news is that anxiety, guilt, pessimism, procrastination, low self-esteem, and other "black holes" of depression can be cured without drugs. In Feeling Good, eminent psychiatrist, David D. Burns, M.D., outlines the remarkable, scientifically proven techniques that will immediately lift your spirits and help you develop a positive outlook on life. Now, in this updated edition, Dr. Burns adds an All-New Consumer?ýs Guide To Anti-depressant Drugs as well as a new introduction to help answer your questions about the many options available for treating depression.

- Feel good everyday ( )
  cdiemert | Jul 30, 2017 |
All great advice and useful techniques but I can't stand the tone of the writing. The section on grieving is not developed enough so if this is your main problem, I recommend finding another read. ( )
  ralu1150 | Jul 15, 2016 |
The good news is that anxiety, guilt, pessimism, procrastination, low self-esteem, and other "black holes" of depression can be cured without drugs. In Feeling Good, eminent psychiatrist, David D. Burns, M.D., outlines the remarkable, scientifically proven techniques that will immediately lift your spirits and help you develop a positive outlook on life. Now, in this updated edition, Dr. Burns adds an All-New Consumer′s Guide To Anti-depressant Drugs as well as a new introduction to help answer your questions about the many options available for treating depression.
- Feel good everyday
  Priory | Sep 24, 2013 |
This book is dedicated to Aaron T. Beck, M.D., in admiration of his knowledge and courage and in appreciation of his patience, dedication and empathy.
Depression has been called the world's number one public health problem.
Feeling Good: The New Mood Therapy Revised and updated is the second edition of Feeling Good: The New Mood Therapy, with only minor changes and a new introduction. It is not a separate work, so please do not separate the two editions of this work.

On the other hand, The Feeling Good Handbook IS a separate work from Feeling Good, as it is a companion book to this one.

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0380810336, Mass Market Paperback)

- Feel good everyday

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:02:04 -0400)

In Feeling Good, eminent psychiatrist, David D. Burns, M.D., outlines the remarkable, scientifically proven techniques that will immediately lift your spirits and help you develop a positive outlook on life. Now, in this updated edition, Dr. Burns adds an All-New Consumer's Guide To Anti-depressant Drugs as well as a new introduction to help answer your questions about the many options available for treating depression. Learn how to recognise what causes your mood swings, nip negative feelings in the bud, deal with guilt, handle hostility and criticism, overcome addiction to love and approval, build self-esteem, and feel good everyday.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 129,617,997 books! | Top bar: Always visible