Just One More Thing: Before You Leave Home…

Just One More Thing: Before You Leave Home

by David Gudgel

212,551,640 (5)None
Recently added byMonicaEH, staciewyatt

I Read Just One More Thing: Before You Leave Home by David Gudgel for review from Litfuse. This post contains Amazon Affiliate Links and Images. I received a paperback copy of the book. The book was published by CreateSpace.

The book teaches young adults about practical skills, they need to know. The book consists of 30 chapters. The topics include financial management, drinking, sex, convictions, and gambling. The book also teaches about finding a church home; how to handle painful experiences, and maintaining your car.

The book was very helpful, even to a 33 year old woman. My family never discussed sex. I learned about drugs with the DARE program, not to mention all the addicts in the family. I also learned about sex and financial management through experience. Some things should not be learned through experience or trial and error, at least that's what my mind says :-). Some things you should be prepared for, in advance. For example, like creating a budget or not spending more than what you have. Maybe paying bills on time most of the time (or all of the time).

The book comes in an easy-to-read format. I liked the Gudgel's writing style. Some things, which stood out included:

Once you leave home, you are now responsible for you. You have to decide what to eat; when to go to classes; what to wear; what to major in; what clothes to wear; who to live with; which bills to pay, etc. Your present choices affect your future.
There is a difference between a conviction and a preference. A conviction is non-negotiable, while a preference is negotiable. You will be more loyal and dedicated to your convictions versus your preferences.
  staciewyatt | Mar 18, 2014 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 125,456,170 books! | Top bar: Always visible