Seven Seeds of Summer by Chantal Gadoury

Seven Seeds of Summer

by Chantal Gadoury

312,001,085 (3)None

No tags.

***Reviewed as part of the Blog Tour for this novel hosted by Bewitching Book Tours. To read the full review of this novel, please visit my blog on 30 September 2014***

This novel is difficult to sum up as I have incredibly mixed feelings about it.

On one hand, I thoroughly loved the plot and general idea of the story. It was a very unique idea for a paranormal romance and stands out among the sea of Twilight clones. The ties in with Greek mythology were very intriguing and wove elements of mystery into the story, building to a very satisfying climax. The novel was also very well written and never became dull, even in its slowest moments. The story was not overly romantic for a paranormal romance, as Hades's obsessive stalking of Summer came across as more creepy than sweet.

However, I was disappointed with the cast. There are not many significant secondary characters within the story as the focus for most of the plot is purely on Summer and Hades. While this could work if they were stronger characters, unfortunately I didn't feel that either of them were interesting enough to carry such a focused plot. Hades was wildly inconsistent, often changing his mind on a whim. While I'm aware that Greek gods could be fickle, it unfortunately prevented me from ever getting a grasp on what his character was like. Summer was also just a bit too much of a damsel for me, seeming to go with whatever Hades wanted a little too easily (particularly in the second half of the story).

All in all, I would recommend this novel to a fan of Greek mythology or someone looking for a paranormal romance that was a little different but I'm not sure how much appeal it would have to someone outside of these groups. ( )
  ArkhamReviews | Sep 26, 2014 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 120,832,682 books! | Top bar: Always visible