Megan's Cure (An Enzo Lee Mystery Thriller)…

Megan's Cure (An Enzo Lee Mystery Thriller)

by Robert B. Lowe

Megan Kim is a precocious 5th grader, whose Chinese mother relies on to negotiate the English speaking world. So it seems strange when Megan is abducted from the school playground by a stranger. But the abduction isn't about ransom and the stranger is not completely unknown. And there is a connection to events in the world of Big Pharma. Thus, begins a roller coaster ride as the protagonists, which include Enzo Lee, struggle to stay alive against an unrelenting attack. This is the best Enzo Lee Mystery Thriller so far. A bit slow in the first third, but once the action picked up it was hard to put down. Definitely recommended reading for lovers of crime/mystery with a thrilling edge. I'm giving it 4 stars out of 5. ( )
  Bruce_McNair | Nov 12, 2014 |
Megan’s Cure (An Enzo Lee Mystery Thriller) by Robert B. Lowe is an excellent mystery/thriller that I couldn’t put down.

A cancer researcher named Walter Novak kidnaps a little girl, a former cancer patient, in order to protect her from the pharmaceutical company that wants her dead. The cancer drug that he created has the potential of being turned into a cancer vaccine, and inside Megan is the proof he needs.

maggiemay1992 | Oct 30, 2014 |
A young Asian girl is taken from her school by a breakdown-prone scientist. A reporter's beloved grandmother lies dying of cancer in hospital. Big pharma schemes to make yet more billions of dollars. This Enzo Lee mystery deals with realities present in our society in an entertaining and exciting fiction. Enzo Lee is an enjoyable character who pulls all the threads of the story together through his investigation while dealing with his own love life and fear of losing his grandmother.

The story progresses quickly. My only difficulty was with Lowe's habit of starting new chapters with a new character. Sometimes we haven't yet encountered this character and have to spend some time re-orienting ourselves as to which thread of the plot is involved. I found this device a little jarring and thought that it kept the novel from flowing quite as smoothly as it might.

I would recommend this novel to those who enjoy suspense based on current trends. Do not be put off by the cover and title, which do not, in my opinion, do a good job of advertising the contents! I plan to read the other Enzo Lee mysteries as well. ( )
  toastytoesthebear | Aug 9, 2014 |

Megan’s Cure in an outstanding book that anyone who loves mysteries or thrillers should read. ( )
  maggiemay1992 | Jun 10, 2014 |
Megan's Cure by Robert Lowe

Firstly I'd like to acknowledge that I received this ebook free through LibraryThing in exchange for my honest review.
This was the first book I have read by Mr. Lowe and I must say it won't be my last. I found it easy to read and it was an interesting subject and believable. The only thing I felt lacked was the ending, for me I wanted more. Like how was Grandma doing and what happened with the drug and is it helping more people. But I am like that with books, sometimes I just want to know the rest of the story and I become attached to the characters and just want to know more. I guess it is a sign of fabulous writing that draws you into the characters life!
I look forward to reading more from Robert Lowe!! ( )
  Kimmyd76 | Jun 7, 2014 |

LibraryThing Member Giveaway

Robert B. Lowe's book Megan's Cure - An Enzo Lee Mystery Thriller was available from LibraryThing Member Giveaway.

Robert B. Lowe is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,643,202 books! | Top bar: Always visible