Last of the Red-Hot Cowboys by Tina Leonard

Last of the Red-Hot Cowboys

by Tina Leonard

We are going to Hell! Hell Texas that is, the quaint small town is the setting for this story. Fun sexy characters mixed with small town charm make this a very entertaining read. Nothing too heavy, just lots of sexy fun. Recommended read. ( )
  Bette_Hansen | Nov 3, 2015 |
This is a bit different to the more traditional romantic fiction in so much as that instead of a weak female, we have a former navy Seal who is an Alpha male, chauvinistic and weak willed were women are concerned and a feisty woman, wanting to do a traditionally man’s job. Instead of being a strong cowboy we get a melodramatic, winey goat herder. The poor female protagonist did not know which way was up. In short these characters were focused on what they wanted and they were each as stubborn as the proverbial mule and I just wanted to knock some sense into them.

I really wanted to like the characters but they did not interest me in the least; the story was rather too flat for my tastes and whatever hotness was there was a huge let down.

There were so many minor characters that it was easy to lose track of who was who and what their intentions were. I think even the author lost track of what she was making her characters do or say as in a few places the novel was contradictory for example when Trace says that buck sliced him with a broken bottle and wold limp for a week and then later Trace tells Buck if he finds out who did it he would go after them.

There are just too many things happening which is a great foil to be explored in later books in the series. However, this reader found the whole thing very clichéd, disappointingly predictable and the verbal discourse between the characters was worth of a very poor soap opera. I found the couple’s sexual encounters a huge let down too. This was my first book by this author and sadly it will be my last.

Although this book wasn’t for me; if you like a light read for taking to the beach or to while away rainy or snowy days then this may be one for you.

Full Disclosure: ARC received from Netgalley for an honest review. ( )
  anuttyquilter | Mar 21, 2015 |
Ava is an accomplished cowgirl new to town who wants to try her hand at bullfighting. Trace is an ex-SEAL who with his three brothers, have a school that does that: teaches MEN how to be bullfighters at rodeos. What results is a sexy, funny and wonderful story that keeps you entertained until the end of the story. ( )
  gromine | Jul 2, 2014 |
The story of Last of the Red Hot Cowboys was very different. It involved 3 young women who wanted to train to be bull riders, a 6ft, female, mayor, who recruited them, and 3 handsome, ex soldiers who work with the bulls and help the local sheriff when they have too, to help keep order in a town called Hell which is mainly full off men.

The fun starts when the young women are refused to be trained by the Outlaws, (for their own safety) as they like to call them selves so the mayor takes them to their rivals, The Horsemen, just to stir things up a bit.

Of cause there's some heavy attraction going on between an Outlaw and an Hell's Belle, and the mayor is involved with the sheriff, I had to laugh at that couple.

I loved this story, I look forward to following other characters from this book in their own story's. Very enjoyable. ( )
  JulieD2 | Jun 21, 2014 |
This book fell a little flat and I had such high hopes for this one. I didn't really like Trace and couldn't figure out why Ava did unless it was because he was nice to look at cause every time he opened his mouth I just wanted him to shut it. His two special ops buddies were also kinda wimpy. Not sure if I'll read anymore in this series cause I just couldn't relate in any way to any of the characters.

Thanks to Netgalley for the ARC. ( )
  amdrane2 | Jun 12, 2014 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,621,201 books! | Top bar: Always visible