The Troublemaker Next Door by Marie Harte

The Troublemaker Next Door

by Marie Harte

I was surprised at how much I liked this book. My taste usually runs to romantic suspense, but this story grabbed me right from the start. The main characters were very enjoyable and had a believable relationship. The supporting characters that I assume will become part of the series were especially unique and interesting. ( )
  Mrslabraden | Jun 28, 2017 |
I thinking you're are wondering how The Troublemaker Next Door is a feel good book. Well I'm here to tell you that it is. For me the important part of this challenge is to read a book that makes you feel, and it does that in spades.

Not all my feelings were good ones, some were just bad, but as a whole I did feel something as I read this book.

I didn't mean to pick The Troublemaker Next Door for this challenge. It wasn't until I was done and realized that I needed a book to pick for my challenge that it came to me. I was looking over the list and it hit me!

When I started The Troublemaker Next Door I knew right away that I loved the characters. All of them! I've always been a romance reader that likes male driven stories. I think it's because I love the idea of brothers. Their relationship is just so good! It's different then the relationship sisters have.

And lets be honest, to me...brothers are sexier!

I will tell you that this is a very sexy read. If you're not a fan of hot, raunchy sex then you might want to either take a pass on this book or skim the sex parts. I would skim because the store is really good and you won't want to miss it.

I really love Flynn, He is soooo HOT! But he's also a sweet guy that is a such a great uncle. You all are going to love Colin (nephew). Flynn is a hard worker who's close to his family. I really loved that about him.

Now Maddie I had a few issues with. She is so tightly wrapped that its hard at times to see the real her and like her. But as the book moves on you start to see her.

The story has is full of many emotions, sometimes good ones and other times not so much. I will say that I did have trouble getting into the book and I think it was due to the authors writing style. I know it sounds weird since I enjoyed the story but I'm being honest here. Her writing style took me almost to the middle of the book to get the rhythm of it.

I had the same trouble with Catherine Coulter back in the day. But now, I love her.

I know it might seem like I scared you away for reading this story but I think at least book one is worth the risk. I can't to read the next book in the series.

Reviewed for Romancing the Readers Blog:

Romancing the Readers Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/RomancingTheReaders/ ( )
  AnnLorz | Apr 28, 2016 |
It's what the title tells you. 3 women move in together and next door are some hunks ;) But which one is the trouble maker, Flynn or Maddie? Honestly both are in ways, and that makes it fun.

Maddie is busy with her job, she got some relationship issues, but this is a romance so she will get over it.

Flynn is just hot blue collar, hot, I said hot already, yes hot.

They meet, he wants her, she wants it casual, we know they will fall for each other bit there is a road there to take. And that road is paved with hot smokin' passion. These two get it on and talk dirty.

Passion, lots of smexy times and two people that should be together.

Oh and I think I will like the next couple too. ( )
  blodeuedd | Mar 2, 2016 |
Received from Goodreads' Giveaway program and Sourcebooks Casablanca publisher in exchange for an honest review.

Maddie is an interior designer with a problem: her ex-boss is a pervert and she is now unemployed. Its during this overwhelming day that could not get any worse that she meets Flynn to whom she is immediately attracted. Over the course of months Flynn and Maddie decide to become friends with benefits, that morphs into something more. Can they overcome their own issues to find one another?

I wanted to like this book, I wanted to slip into it and float away from reality. I did. Unfortunately, The Troublemaker Next Door was just not for me. The storyline is predictible, and there isnt much thoughtprovoking going on. The main characters are pretty much what you'd expect from a story that isnt complicated - they're cardboard. This isnt to say that this was a bad story, or that the predictability was an negative aspect, it really depends on the reader's mood.

I hated how Flynn treated Maddie. She was never respected, and he treated her like a hooker (not that she really deserved much better with her actions), and Maddie stormed around throwing tempertantrums whenever she didn't get her way. In short, the characters carried fatal flaws like any person, but the kind that just didnt sit well with me. I found it impossible to respect the characters, ergo I didnt give a damn what happened to them.

To top off this rather bleak review: I dont find plumbers sexy. I know that probably sounds arrogant and stuck up..but i think plumber Im picturing the man under the sink who has more hair than a dog brush and a cleft peeking out from the seat of his pants. No, this isnt my idea of sex appeal. I was hoping that Miss Harte would rectify this for me, but she just didnt. Im sorry, but I kept picturing a portly man with low riding pants.

I also have to warn the reader that anal becomes a part of the story. This just gave me a no feeling..no. Not my thing.

In all this is a worth while read if you want something fun, light hearted and predictable. Its one of those books you read on the beach (or in the privacy of a closet if you're one of those. If you want something like Jane Austen or Elizabeth Gaskell, Id suggest going elsewhere..otherwise if you want something quick and cute have at it. I just found too many elements that jarred with my personal morals, beliefs and comfort zones - otherwise I may have slightly, maybe enjoyed this foray into the land of contemporary romance from the safety of my closet. ( )
  trigstarom | Sep 19, 2015 |
The Troublemaker Next Door by Marie Hart
Maddie's boss leaves her job due to her bosses sexual advances. Her next door neighbor, Flynn McCauley was just fixing the sink.
She's done with guys....she lives with 2 female roommates and the landlords are the McCauley family, male boys, available and who love to kid one another.
Easy to keep the characters in order and there are many of them, like a series where each of the boys gets their own book.
Fire steamy sex scenes, very descriptive. Love the careers and learning of how they are done. Good fun read to hear her side of things and then his as they are going on.
  jbarr5 | Jan 16, 2015 |

"It's been the day from hell for Maddie. Instead of offering a promotion, her boss made a pass. She quit, then got dumped by her lukewarm boyfriend. As the fiery redhead has a foul-mouthed meltdown, her green-eyed neighbor Flynn McCauley stands in her kitchen--completely captivated. He was just there to fix the sink as a favor. He's not into relationships. She's done with idiots. But where there are friends, sometimes there are benefits"--P. [4] of cover.… (more)

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 117,076,997 books! | Top bar: Always visible