Eye to Eye: How Animals See The World by…

Eye to Eye: How Animals See The World

by Steve Jenkins

Through expert illustrations and interesting facts, this book teaches us all about eyes and how different creatures see the world. ( )
  tessayondorf | Jul 12, 2017 |
This book is about animals and how the view the world. It takes your through different animals and their eyes. I recommend this book for any grade level. It is very informational. (INFORMATIONAL TEXT) ( )
  VictoriaVivians | Jun 9, 2017 |
A new must book to have in a classroom. Very interesting facts, I didn’t even know about. Children will enjoy learning about the animals’ structures and their eye functions.
  EstefaniaL | Jun 8, 2017 |
I enjoyed this book - and learned a lot! Although I knew that different animals had different eyes, I never really thought to learn about it. This book changed that. I liked the informational illustrations. I can see this being useful in the classroom, mostly as an free read book that students can choose on their own. The language is appropriate for the earlier reader.
  CMcNeely | Mar 18, 2017 |
This book goes through introducing many interesting animals and some simple facts about their vision.
  Mimarler | Mar 18, 2017 |

A brightly illustrated picture book that explores the world through different animals perspectives.

In his latest eye-popping work of picture book nonfiction, the Caldecott Honor–winning author-illustrator Steve Jenkins explains how for most animals, eyes are the most important source of information about the world in a biological sense. The simplest eyes—clusters of light-sensitive cells—appeared more than one billion years ago, and provided a big survival advantage to the first creatures that had them. Since then, animals have evolved an amazing variety of eyes, along with often surprising ways to use them.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:16:53 -0400)

Profiles a series of animals with unusual eyes and explains how such animals use their uniquely evolved eyes to gain essential information about the biological world.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 117,032,712 books! | Top bar: Always visible