Among the Shrouded by Amalie Jahn

Great Book!!! This is a wonderful book. Amalie Jahn did an excellent job in putting together a well thought out plot with very likable characters. The story is so well told that it brought me into the pages and I felt that I was part of the script. I was overwhelmed with a mixture of strong feelings. I felt excitement, anger, resentment and utter shock at the horrible, disturbing issue of human trafficking.
The plot was quite riveting and I was glued to the pages. I loved the soft touch of supernatural. The author used the aura of a person through out the story and though not trying to make it a major theme it becomes quite meaningful. The most important issue of the book is centered on the subject of foreign women brought to the States to find a better life but instead their dreams are crashed into dust. That was gut retching.
I am now a fan of Amalie Jahn. I loved her first book The Clay Lion and I thought she could not do any better than that. Boy was I wrong. The second book is absolutely fantastic. I would recommend it to anyone who loves a suspenseful and compelling story filled with excitement and provocation. ( )
  An-Avid-Reader | Feb 18, 2015 |
Among the Shrouded isn't your average paranormal story. Amalie pulled me in and weaved a story so vivid and real I felt like I was there. Beautifully written, I was hooked from the first page to the last. ( )
  PJFiala | Feb 17, 2015 |
CouldnÛªt Stop Reading It!

I began this book late one night, thinking I‰Ûªd read a couple of chapters and continue the next day. I was up until 1:30 am finishing it! Every time I tried to close the book, I kept telling myself one more chapter. Do I even need to tell you this was a compelling novel?

Author Amalie Jahn uses the literary device of alternating chapters focusing on a different character. We get to know Mia, a detective, Thomas, a man with several jobs supporting his mother, and Kate, a young woman from Ukraine. Each of these characters has a special gift that I will not tell you about. You as the reader need to discover the clever way the author weaves the stories of Mia, Thomas, and Kate together. Another thing to look for is the way the author uses the chapter headings as part of the story. This writer has a gift for prose, don‰Ûªt hesitate to get this and find out.

moongie | Feb 16, 2015 |
In someone else's hands, this subject might be so dark as to cause readers to dismiss the book. Ms. Jahn handles the difficult subject of human trafficking superbly. To weave a novel around a contemporary social problem takes a great deal of finesse and obviously Ms. Jahn has it. The characters and the plot are completely believable and I loved the "gifts" that three of the characters had. This book can be recommended on so many levels - just a good read, social issues, and I could go on and on. Bottom line: you won't regret the time you spend reading this excellent novel. Kudos, Ms. Jahn! ( )
  DianneDHarman | Sep 14, 2014 |

It was February. Through the eyes of the average person, it was an ordinary Tuesday, unremarkable in every way. Around the world, approximately 370,000 babies were born on that ordinary day. Although brought into the world under very different circumstances, there was nothing ordinary about three of the children born on that day who happened to be blessed with extraordinary abilities. Growing up, they couldn’t begin to comprehend the importance of the gifts they were given. Now, as adults, all three are unaware that they are on a collision course with one another as well as their common destiny. Amalie Jahn, author of the acclaimed novel The Clay Lion, delivers a compelling story of courage and perseverance. Among the Shrouded traces the lives of the Baltimore City police officer, the abandoned son of an addict, and the dedicated Ukrainian sister born on that ordinary Tuesday on a journey that reveals the significance of each of their gifts and the greater purpose of their collective lives.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:10:19 -0400)

Amalie Jahn is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,447,197 books! | Top bar: Always visible