Nothing Beats a Pizza by Loris Lesynski

Nothing Beats a Pizza

by Loris Lesynski

There are 34 poems within the entire book. Poems range from pizza to snowflakes. Most of the poems in this book rhyme. Poems take about goofy and fun things. ( )
  ambourg7 | Jun 25, 2012 |
Nothing beats a Pizza by Loris Lesynski has slot of information throughout the book. There are different poems which are labeled ingredients on the table of content page. The poem I would focus on is “Nothing-Beat-beat –beats A Pizza.” The poem says, “Nothing beats a pizza / when you’re in a pizza mood / because a pizza isn’t anything / like any other food / other food is neat and tidy / pizza’s slippy pizza’s slidey / (makes me full and satisfied-y nicest slices now inside me) when we want to eat a pizza / then its better having two / ‘cuz just one pizza’s not enough / for me and you / and you / and you / and you and you and YOU.” Choosing this book as a reader, I thought the book would be all about pizza because looking at the front cover you see a picture of a pizza but when you open the book you see a lot of words. There is more than one poem on a page which could be confusing for some children. I would use this book for a fun activity for example if I am having a pizza party, I would read this poem aloud to my students as we prepare ourselves to enjoy pizza. Most kids will enjoy this poem because a lot of them love pizza. The book talks about different ways we could get pizza, by ordering it or making it. This book should be used for fourth or fifth grade because of the style in which it is written, the younger ones would get confused by the maximum amount of words on each page.
  VicVali | Oct 15, 2011 |

A collection of original poems embraces the wonders of language, rhythm, rhyme, and creativity by delving into a world of children that is filled with pizza, substitute teachers, homework, moods, food, and pets.

Annick Press

Two editions of this book were published by Annick Press.

Editions: 1550377000, 1550377019

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 94,041,433 books! | Top bar: Always visible