The Flash Volume 4: Reverse by Francis…

The Flash Volume 4: Reverse

by Francis Manapul, Brian Buccellato (Author)

I'm glad I've stayed with this title, as this volume really steps up the character and story a notch. With Gorilla Grudd out of the picture this is a much more serious storyline and I really liked the focus on the Speed Force. While everything plotwise is wrapped up in this volume in preparation for the writing team to take over, we have Reverse-Flash and Dr.Elias in the wings for possible returns. I'm not big on Teen Titans but I enjoyed Kid Flash's cameo and the information on his background. Barry Allen is probably my favourite hero out of costume and his personal life story is as much a part of the plot as Flash's, though I'm glad to see Patty getting jealous and hoping he and Iris get together soon. Finally, the volume ends with a pre-Flash Barry and Iris story set in the Batman Zero world which featured Harvey Bullock. Best volume for The Flash so far and I can't wait to see where the story goes with the new writers. ( )
  ElizaJane | Aug 22, 2014 |
This New 52 title is fast turning into one of my favorites. Especially now that all the Gorilla stuff is done and the writers seem to be going back to the more regular sort of Flash stories.

Like, someone is stealing the speed force of those who were stuck inside the speed force with Iris West. At first since I have read quite a bit of Flash stuff before I thought I knew who the perpetrator was going to be behind the mask, but holy crap did they pull a twist on me! And a very cool twist too. (or maybe I’m just not remembering the pre-New 52 bad guy correctly).

Anyway the whole TPB was chock full of goodness. I liked the Flash/Kid Flash stuff, the uniform of the bad guy was great as well. I’m even sort of warming up to Patty too (though still a die hard Iris/Barry shipper).

Finally at the end of the TPB there was a cool Barry/Iris (with a little Harvey Bullock) in Gotham story that took place during the Batman Zero Year continuity. I liked that very much too.

I got this advanced galley through Netgalley on behalf of DC Entertainment. ( )
  DanieXJ | Aug 19, 2014 |

Francis Manapulprimary authorall editionscalculated
Brian BuccellatoAuthormain authorall editionsconfirmed
Buccellato, BrianIllustratorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 140124713X, Hardcover)

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:21:31 -0400)

"The fourth volume of Brian Buccellato and Francis Manapul's New 52 breakout hit - The Flash! A mysterious and powerful Speed-Force killer has left a trail of bodies in his wake and only Barry has the power to stop him. But when the killer stays one step ahead of him, Barry finds himself face to face with the Teen Titans and Kid Flash for the first time. All this will lead to a confrontation with the Flash's most deadly foe, The Reverse Flash!"--… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,446,294 books! | Top bar: Always visible