The Bone Tree by Greg Iles

The Bone Tree (2015)

by Greg Iles

Only rated it three stars cause I feel like the book was longer than needed. I grew weary of Tom Cage's running and keeping secrets and the Kennedy conspiracy. I think I will wait a while before I read the next installment.
  LiteraryW | Mar 19, 2018 |
WOW, What a story!! The title is odd but you will see why as you read the book. In fact if I didn't know it was fiction, I could believe there was a conspiracy of MASS portions! I was riveted as I couldn't stop reading ( )
  HOTCHA | Dec 11, 2017 |
Wow! Long but very intense! Cliffhanger at the end, so on to the next (last?) in the series! ( )
  Brava10 | Nov 25, 2017 |
Literally kept me up nights! ( )
  TiffanyHow | Oct 3, 2017 |
Can't wait to read this!
  Trisarey | Aug 7, 2017 |

A follow-up to Natchez Burning finds Southern lawyer Penn Cage desperately struggling to protect his father from false charges and corrupt officers by confronting the puppet master behind the Double Eagles terrorist group.Penn Cage's father, Dr. Tom Cage, stands accused of murder, and each effort to defend him unearths new, shocking secrets, leaving Penn to question whether he ever really knew his father at all. At issue is the murder of Tom's former nurse, Viola Turner. The district attorney is quick to point the finger at Tom, citing his decades-old relationship with Viola. When Tom is taken into custody, Penn must explore the dangerous territory of Tom and Viola's shared history, set squarely in the most harrowing years of civil-rights-era Mississippi. What was the relationship between Tom, Viola, and the 'Double Eagle Club,' an ultraviolent group of hardened men who considered themselves smarter, tougher, and more elite than their peers in the FBI-infiltrated Ku Klux Klan? In Natchez, Mississippi, where the past is never truly past, long-buried secrets tend to turn lethal when exposed to the light of day. For Penn Cage, the cost of solving this case is no exception.… (more)

LibraryThing Early Reviewers Alum

Greg Iles's book The Bone Tree was available from LibraryThing Early Reviewers.

Sign up to get a pre-publication copy in exchange for a review.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 128,849,622 books! | Top bar: Always visible