Be Still, My Soul: The Inspiring Stories…

by Randy Petersen (Author)

181935,855 (5)None
Be Still, My Soul is a collection of 175 of the most popular hymns and the stories behind them. Many of these hymns were written out of incredible life experiences-from the heart cry of a repentant slave trader to the renewed hope of a survivor of attempted suicide. In this devotional you'll discover the stories behind the songs we sing. You'll experience the passion and joy contained in these hymns' lyrics and melodies. In addition to the hymn stories, Be Still, My Soul includes the musical score, lyrics, and in-depth biographies of 12 of the most-prolific hymn writers, singers, and composers. Whether you are new to hymns or have cherished them for a long time, you'll enjoy this illuminating book on the stories behind some of the most popular hymns you sing in worship.… (more)
Member:jpipa
Title:Be Still, My Soul: The Inspiring Stories behind 175 of the Most-Loved Hymns
Authors:Randy Petersen (Author)
Info:Tyndale House Publishers, Inc. (2014), Edition: First Edition, 400 pages
Tags:RX, office

Be Still, My Soul: The Inspiring Stories behind 175 of the Most-Loved Hymns by Randy Petersen

I received a physical copy of this book as part of the Tyndale Blog Network in exchange for an honest review. This in no way influenced my review.

I have not read about all of the hymns that are in this book. I have just read some every now and then. For each hymn, there is a description about why the author of the hymn wrote it. This is next to the music for the hymn. The layout of this book is wonderful. It has an index and it is easy to look up your favorite hymns (or the less well known ones).

It is a fun book to look through and to discover more about hymns. I was so inspired by what God has shown to the authors of these hymns and what God has done for these people. I would recommend this book to any Christian seeking to know more about God. ( )
  blog_gal | Jan 2, 2015 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 155,589,249 books! | Top bar: Always visible