Jewish History Atlas by Martin Gilbert

Jewish History Atlas (1969)

by Martin Gilbert

Well it's an atlas of Jewish history all right. Lots of maps showing things in Jewish history. One of the things I could rather interesting is the high amount of Jewish occupation around Genova. Given I have a medieval persona who I want to have a few Jewish traits (in order to disguise my own following of the dietary laws) and he is from that area, I am wondering if a relative being a crypto-Jew is a real possibility. ( )
  melsmarsh | Feb 16, 2013 |
NO OF PAGES: 121 SUB CAT I: History SUB CAT II: Reference SUB CAT III: DESCRIPTION: Comprehensive historical atlases, based on exhaustive and detailed research, these superb reference works provide a wealth of factual information for the student of history.NOTES: SUBTITLE:
  BeitHallel | Mar 23, 2011 |
Comprehensive historical atlas.Rather than being strictly political in their emphasis, each title covers a wide range of subjects - economic, culture and religion. Contains over 100 highly readable black and white maps.
1 vote Folkshul | Jan 15, 2011 |

Tracing the world-wide migrations of the Jews from ancient Mesopotamia to modern Israel, this atlas spans over 4000 years of history. With over 130 maps, the atlas depicts Jewish achievements and the Jewish way of life, presenting a clear picture of their persecution and their reaction to it - whether by dispersal, acceptance or defence.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:21:35 -0400)

Tracing the world-wide migrations of the Jews from ancient Mesopotamia to modern Israel, this eighth edition spans over 4000 years of history in 157 maps. It presents a vivid picture of a fascinating people and the trials and tribulations which have haunted their story. This new edition is also updated to include maps showing Jewish museums in the United States and Canada, and Europe, as well as American conservation efforts abroad. Other topics covered in this revised edition include Jewish educational outreach projects in various parts of the world, and Jews living under Muslim rule.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 135,602,718 books! | Top bar: Always visible