Ostatnie dni Krolika by McPartlin Anna

Ostatnie dni Krolika (original 2014; edition 2015)

by McPartlin Anna (Author)

19619103,264 (3.9)4
"Here is a truth that can't be escaped: for Mia "Rabbit" Hayes, life is coming to and end. Rabbit Hayes loves her life, ordinary as it is, and the extraordinary people in it. She loves her spirited daughter, Juliet; her colorful, unruly family; the only man in her big heart, Johnny Faye. But it turns out the world has other plans for Rabbit, and she's okay with that. Because she has plans for the world too, an only a handful of days left to make them happen. Here is a truth that won't be forgotten: this is a story about laughing through life's surprises and finding the joy in every moment"--… (more)
Member:otryt
Title:Ostatnie dni Krolika
Authors:McPartlin Anna (Author)
Info:HarperCollins Polska (2015), 400 pages
Tags:ydo

The Last Days of Rabbit Hayes by Anna McPartlin (2014)

Recently added byRose097, private library, leanne92, cjw509, AnnaCastlehard, Devki, Ellemir, hlkate, Milla93, Rivaton

English (15)  German (2)  Dutch (1)  French (1)  All languages (19)
Warning, do not read this book if you have make up on and are going out !
Laugh, cry, like all the characters.
I really enjoyed this book in spite of all the hype
  karenshann | Dec 31, 2019 |
A story about finding the joy in every moment, even when you are dying.
  LibraryPAH | Apr 26, 2019 |
Oooh, I don't even know how to start this review. I read this book with mixed feelings. On the one hand, this is the kind of story that I'm most unfit to read, and on the other side, this is probably one of the most significant readings I have ever had regarding fillings diversity.

Rabbit Hayes admitted to a hospice. She has another nine days to live, and we all have 384 pages describe the life experience of Rabbit Hayes from birth until the day of her death; In Vivid colors, humor, and sadness.

This story is unique thanks to its characters, not of its plot. When I read the book, I asked myself where the feeling of hope that accompanies the story stems off?
Well, It stems from the extraordinary family described in it. They are ordinary people, not unusual in any sense, only behaving differently. It is a family that accepts its members with love, and They don't expect their children to be "successful." They accept them as they are. It is a family whose members do little things for each other, Not because "that's how it should be." No one urges them to do so, adults and children "give" each other small bits of emotion. Adults and children "get" from each other strength and courage. And it takes great courage to accompany a loved one on her way to die.

The story itself is a part of Rabbit Hayes' blog - she is a journalist, a single mother, a beloved daughter, and a friend. From the moment the disease discovered, the cruel ups and downs - the hope, the euphoria, the bitter disappointment when recovery turns out to be a mirage.

As I mentioned before, I don't usually like books that describe terminal illnesses, yet this book is different. Thanks to the uniqueness of the characters and the credibility of their behavior, thanks to the scholarly writing and preparation, because of the writer's ability to paint the subject in vivid colors that can almost be a seen of love and hope. I am glad that the book accidentally crept into my reading list, because, if I knew what the subject was before reading, I do not doubt that I wouldn't read it. ( )
  JantTommason | Jan 7, 2019 |
What goes through the mind of a terminally ill patient? How does her body react? How will family and friends behave? No one quite has the answer until the disease smacks you in the face and you deal with it come what may. We witness Rabbit's interactions with her loved ones at the hospice, the poignancy is juxtaposed with nostalgia, humour and Irish roadies. ( )
  paperdust | May 2, 2018 |
The book begins with Rabbit entering hospice. As her family surrounds her with love, coming to terms with her likely death, there are plenty of heartbreaking moments—but it’s not a depressing story. Each member of the Hayes family brings entertaining, heartwarming memories to the story, and I couldn’t help falling in love with every character. ( )
1 vote hes7 | Apr 16, 2018 |
Today I was diagnosed with breast cancer.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 154,587,272 books! | Top bar: Always visible