Check out the Pride Celebration Treasure Hunt!

Gut: The Inside Story of Our Body's Most…

Gut: The Inside Story of Our Body's Most Underrated Organ (original 2014; edition 2015)

by Giulia Enders (Author), Jill Enders (Illustrator), David Shaw (Translator)

Member:NovaNexus
Title:Gut: The Inside Story of Our Body's Most Underrated Organ
Authors:Giulia Enders (Author)
Other authors:Jill Enders (Illustrator), David Shaw (Translator)
Info:Greystone Books (2015), Edition: 1, 256 pages
Collections:Your library, Kindle
Tags:Science, Health and Exercise

Gut: The Inside Story of Our Body's Most Underrated Organ by Giulia Enders (Author) (2014)

Recently added byuser8754, AlainCipit, EricPaul, private library, FKarr, Sikiso, tgeorge2348, endres, VintiqueBooks

English (30)  German (4)  French (4)  Danish (2)  Hungarian (1)  Dutch (1)  Spanish (1)  Italian (1)  Swedish (1)  All languages (45)
Outstanding book on how the digestive system of our bodies work, from one end to the other, with up to date information on what we do--and don't--know about these systems. Very readable and charmingly illustrated. ( )
  tgeorge2348 | May 19, 2019 |
The book more properly should have been titled ‘gut and its biota’, because roughly part of the text describes bacteria and to a lesser extent other organisms, which live in our gut. It is very interesting, what recent advancements in our knowledge say about complexity of our bodies, up to the theories that biota in our gut may guide our behavior, affect our mood (cause depressions, exacerbate schizophrenia or promote audacious behavior). A lot of research was published in the last 20 years, so even if you have a general idea how your gut works, there is new info. Albeit, to make the book popular some stuff is dumbed down a bit too much to my taste, thus I don’t give it 5 stars. ( )
  Oleksandr_Zholud | Jan 9, 2019 |
This was published in 2015 - in the 3 short years since then the literature on the importance of our microbial profile has exploded. This is a good book describing in accessible ways the function and 'entanglement' of our guts with our brains. ( )
  johnverdon | Dec 17, 2018 |
Tout sur un organe mal aimé
  guyotvillois | Oct 15, 2018 |
reads like a series of essays, often repeating others ( )
  ParadisePorch | Sep 18, 2018 |

Enders, GiuliaAuthorprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Enders, JillIllustratorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed
Benedicta Windt-ValTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Shaw, DavidTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Sjögren, FrederikTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Für alle alleinerziehenden Eltern, die so viel Energie und Liebe für ihre Kinder aufbringen wie unsdere Mutter für meine Schwester uind mich.
Und für Hedi.
For all single parents who put as much energy and love into bringing up their children as our mother did for my sister and me.

And for Hedi.
Ich wurde per Kaiserschnitt geboren und konnte nicht gestillt werden. Das machte mich zum perfekten Vorzeigekind der Darmwelt im 21. Jahrhundert.
I was born by caesarean section, and was not able to be breast-fed. That makes me a perfect poster child for the intractability in the 21st century.

Our microbiome
Introduced, explained simply
Entertainingly
(pickupsticks)

With quirky charm, rising science star Giulia Enders explains the gut's magic, answering questions like: Why does acid reflux happen? What's really up with gluten and lactose intolerance? How does the gut affect obesity and mood? Enders's beguiling manifesto will make you finally listen to those butterflies in your stomach: they're trying to tell you something important.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 135,483,666 books! | Top bar: Always visible