A Plain Man by Mary Ellis

A Plain Man

by Mary Ellis

Caleb returns to his Amish roots to find that God has never left his side.

Recently I read Mary Ellis’s Civil War romance “The Quaker and the Rebel” and was immediately hooked on Civil War romances!

If I were not already a fan of Amish fiction, “A Plain Man” would make me one. It’s no wonder Mary Ellis is such a popular author!

WOW!

Mary Ellis is one of those authors that simply refuses to take the easy way – she refuses to steer clear of touchy subjects, instead meeting them head-on with wit and wisdom – showing us God’s love in a world very much in need of it!

She refuses to write simple characters, instead presenting us with REAL people – with flaws and weaknesses and real, true emotion!

And she refuses to give us an easy course, instead showing that the way of life is not always easy. Sometimes we stumble, sometimes we fall – but God is always there to pick us back up!

AMAZING!

Now, of course, I’m determined to go hunt down every single book she’s written so I can read and enjoy them all!

Some authors are content to tell a story – Mary Ellis will make you experience… EVERYTHING!

Don’t miss this book! And don’t miss her others either! Her Amish fiction is JUST as wonderful as her Civil War fiction! I know it seems a little backward that I would say it that way since she wrote Amish first… but to be fair, I started with the Civil War so…

I received this book free in exchange for an honest review. ( )
  JCMorrows | Aug 25, 2015 |
A Plain Man is the story of a man who has lived in both worlds, English and Amish. He now wants to become a full Amish man, but is dealing with some of the repercussions from some of the decisions he made living in the English world.
Caleb Beachy was gone longer than most men, when they leave their community, but after five years, has decided he want to return. Can he and his community accept his decision? Can he forgive himself of the sins he committed while live in the English world? Will he be able to conform into the person his faith requires of him?
He also has some romance on the horizon, but can Josie Yoder's family forgive him for leaving and living worldly for so long? As the Amish grapevine whispers about him, will he be able to hold his head high and finish his required classes?
Come and absorb yourself in the Amish Community, spend time at the Preaching Sunday. Enjoy the fellowship and the great meals afterward. You'll love some of the bantering that goes on. Some sibling rivalry, and family disagreements, just likes the rest of us. I so enjoyed my visit here, and hope there will be more to return to!

I received this book through Net Galley and the Publish Harvest House, and was not required to give a positive review. ( )
  alekee | Apr 1, 2014 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 142,292,982 books! | Top bar: Always visible