College 101: A Girl's Guide to Freshman Year…

College 101: A Girl's Guide to Freshman Year

by Julie Zeilinger

This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
College 101 is a very well written, thought out book. It contained lots of good, accurate information with helpful little tips that no one ever thinks to ask or are too embarrassed to pursue. I think that if high school or college freshman girls take the time to read this they will find it worth their time. ( )
  LadyMegel | Jun 6, 2017 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
I have had this book for a week or two and I have started to flip through it but i haven't read it cover to cover and i probably won't soon because i still have two more years of high school. The book when I am flipping though it looks very interesting and very relevant to this generation if that makes sense. I'm very excited to read it when it gets closer to time for me to start getting ready for college. ( )
  TaylorSarris | Jun 1, 2017 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
I received an Advanced Reader Copy in exchange for an honest review.

From the opening paragraphs of this book, I knew I was going to enjoy it. The writing style was fun and unique. I didn't feel like I was being preached at or told what to do. The book wasn't cliche and tackled tough issues. Most college advice books have the same advice, but this book challenged the popular "myths" about college life. The advice was given by real people, and it was very honest. I'll be going to college fairly soon, so I'll definitely reread when the time comes closer. Also, some of the advice about finding balance and maintaining health applied to my high school life.
I definitely would recommend this book! ( )
  abrooke | May 23, 2017 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
I was pleased to know that I will be receiving the revised edition of College 101 as I have a soon-to-be college bound kid. So when my copy finally arrived, I devoured it in one sitting.

The book is written by Julie Zeilinger who graduated from Barnard College in 2015. Hence, she offers fresh, straight-forward and helpful advice for incoming college freshmen. Among the tips she shared that I found useful are:

*tips on what to pack
*the different types of roommates
*study skills
*taking care of your whole self (mind, body, heart)
*advice on obtaining loans and scholarships
*common misconceptions about college life

This book isn't a comprehensive coverage, rather, it gives readers no-nonsense, bite-sized advice on how to navigate college life. I will happily give this book to my daughter so she too can read it. I'll just make sure to read chapter 4 (Mind, Body and Spirit) with her as sensitive topics such as sexual health and abusive relationships are discussed.

I give this book 3.5 out of 5 stars. Thank you to LibraryThing and Prufrock Press for my copy. ( )
  VavaViolet | May 5, 2017 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
Loved the information in this book. I am currently already going to college and have been for a few years but would have loved to receive this book as a graduation gift before my freshman year. ( )
  sam276 | May 1, 2017 |

LibraryThing Early Reviewers

Julie Zeilinger's book College 101: A Girl's Guide to Freshman Year (Rev. ed.) is currently available from LibraryThing Early Reviewers.

LibraryThing Early Reviewers Alum

Julie Zeilinger's book College 101 was available from LibraryThing Early Reviewers.

Sign up to get a pre-publication copy in exchange for a review.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 116,175,423 books! | Top bar: Always visible