Horrorstör by Grady Hendrix

Horrorstör (2015)

by Grady Hendrix

These book is pretty good. I enjoy the story, the format (Is a book that should be read in a physical format) Is a story that little by little unfolds what is really going on and have several twist that make the story more enjoyale, the characters are well develop and they maintan a consistency during the story. Perhaps one of my favorite parts was the ending. I do not like a happy ending and this is for sure one without it ( )
  CaroPi | Aug 9, 2018 |
Had some funny bits. Had some scary bits. I wouldn't mind seeing the movie. ( )
  villemezbrown | Jul 28, 2018 |
3.5 stars to be specific. The whole story starts out pretty goofy, in all honesty, and I started to think maybe it was spoof-horror (which isn't necessarily a bad thing). About halfway through, things start to get pretty creepy. I read this book in two sittings and it was worth the time invested. If you're looking for jump-out-of-you-seat scary, this might not be the book for you, but there was a definite creep factor to this book that made it fun to read later at night. ( )
  Erica_Coomer | Jul 13, 2018 |
I think I found a new favorite author. I enjoyed reading this book so much! I absolutely loved the style of the book, how each chapter was a piece of furniture in Orsk. It was so well done. I hope this gets made into a movie. It would be perfect! It was creepy, edgy, scary, disturbing and overall just really well done. I absolutely loved this book! ( )
  MinDea | May 1, 2018 |
This is really more like 3.5 stars. Great concept and brilliant book design, but I felt like a couple of the characters were underdeveloped, and there seemed to be a missed opportunity for commentary on American retail beyond poking fun at corporate retail propaganda.

Very enjoyable though. It hums along quickly. ( )
  andrlik | Apr 24, 2018 |
It was dawn, and the zombies were stumbling through the parking lot, streaming toward the massive beige box at the far end.

Something strange is happening at the Orsk furniture superstore in Cleveland, Ohio. Every morning, employees arrive to find broken Kjërring bookshelves, shattered Glans water goblets, and smashed Liripip wardrobes. Sales are down, security cameras reveal nothing, and store managers are panicking.

To unravel the mystery, three employees volunteer to work a nine-hour dusk-till-dawn shift. In the dead of the night, they'll patrol the empty Showroom floor, investigate strange sights and sounds, and encounter horrors that defy the imagination.

A traditional haunted house story in a thoroughly contemporary setting, Horrorstör is designed to retain its luster and natural appearance for lifetime of use. Pleasingly proportioned with generous French flaps and a softcover binding, Horrorstör delivers the psychological terror you need in the elegant package you deserve.

After strange things start happening at the Orsk furniture superstore in Cleveland, three employees volunteer to work an overnight shift to investigate, but what they discover is more horrifying than they could have imagined.

LibraryThing Early Reviewers Alum

Grady Hendrix's book Horrorstor was available from LibraryThing Early Reviewers.

Sign up to get a pre-publication copy in exchange for a review.

Grady Hendrix is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 128,049,126 books! | Top bar: Always visible