Dragonology Tracking and Taming Dragons,…

Dragonology Tracking and Taming Dragons, Volume 1, EUROPEAN DRAGON

by Dugald A. Steer (Editor), Dr. Ernest Drake (Author)

This is a WONDERFUL book and model set. The book gives advice for tracking and training dragons (and while it might not seem particularly practical for those of us living in areas without a lot of dragon activity, the advice also applies to tracking and training other animals). My son and I read this together, and really enjoyed it.

And the build-it-yourself model dragon that comes with the kit is fantastic! It's made of printed heavy cardboard, and is put together easily (using slots), but it turned out SO COOL that I've got it hanging over my desk right now. The wings flap and everything.

I bought this months ago, when it first came out - now I wished I'd opened it up sooner, and we could have been enjoying our lovely dragon all this time! I hope they come out with other similar models in this series, because this one is beautiful. ( )
  herebedragons | Mar 20, 2007 |

Steer, Dugald A.Editorprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Drake, Dr. ErnestAuthormain authorall editionsconfirmed
Carrel, DouglasIllustratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Jacobsen, Leifsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed

Here is the essential reference for all budding dragonologists - the ultimate companion to the 1-million-copy, #1 national bestseller DRAGONOLOGY!
Inside this deluxe guidebook and model package, readers will find the complete TRACKING AND TAMING DRAGONS, in which preeminent dragonologist Dr. Ernest Drake shares all you need to know to set out on the trail of dragons in the field. Plus, each pack features an easy-to-assemble, lifelike hanging model of the "Draco occidentalis magnus," or European dragon, with a 23-inch wingspan and movable wings!

- Based on the best-selling DRAGONOLOGY
- Silver-foil-embellished cover
- Includes 24-page paperback book and easy-to-make model with gold-foil details
- The book and model are enclosed in a sturdy 10 x 1113/16 book-like case, making it the ultimate companion to DRAGONOLOGY!

Also includes an EXCLUSIVE preview of the next exciting Ology title, PIRATEOLOGY (July 2006):
- Each book will be wrapped with a full-color bellyband that proclaims: Coming July 2006, PIRATEOLOGY. Be the first to solve the riddle and find the treasure! Exclusive Preview and Secret Clue Inside!
- Each book will contain a mysterious envelope containing a letter, along with a fragment of a pirate map and secret code in order to begin the adventure that continues in PIRATEOLOGY!

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:50:36 -0400)

Provides directions for how to track dragons over different types of terrain, how to trap them, and how to train them.

Candlewick Press

An edition of this book was published by Candlewick Press.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 91,502,138 books! | Top bar: Always visible