I Work At A Public Library: A Collection of…

I Work At A Public Library: A Collection of Crazy Stories from the Stacks (edition 2014)

by Gina Sheridan (Author)

Member:TheHallowWillow
Title:I Work At A Public Library: A Collection of Crazy Stories from the Stacks
Authors:Gina Sheridan (Author)
Info:Adams Media (2014), Edition: 1, 160 pages
Tags:Non Fiction, Library, Public Library, Humor, 10/6/18-10/11/18

I Work at a Public Library: A Collection of Crazy Stories from the Stacks by Gina Sheridan

Some of these scenarios are pretty funny and I enjoyed reading this book. I can imagine these conversations giving librarians a chuckle or a head shake. A few are not appropriate for younger readers. ( )
  MichelleConnell | Sep 26, 2018 |
A great and funny book if you have ever been to a library you should read this sooo good ! ( )
  Emily_Madsen | Sep 23, 2018 |
This is a very simple book. It's mostly a list of exchanges that she thought were funny. Nothing earth shattering. ( )
  BoundTogetherForGood | Aug 12, 2018 |
Mildly amusing, but way too mildly. ( )
  villemezbrown | Jul 28, 2018 |
Gina Sheridan collects stories of interactions she's had with library patrons or overheard talking to her co-workers over several years of working in a public library.

If you have worked with the public or in customer service, you'll probably relate to at least some of what she writes about. But if you're a public librarian, this book will definitely resonate with you. Sheridan talks in her introduction about the idea of librarianship when she was in grad school versus the reality of everyday interaction at the reference desk. She organizes the book by Dewey Decimal (starting with - what else? - 004 for Computers) and ends the book with some heartwarming stories that I dare any librarian to read without tearing up a little. ( )
  bell7 | Apr 28, 2018 |
For library users, workers, and lovers.  And the #tumblarians.
A Cold War spy in desperate search of Krispy Kreme doughnuts, Cuckoo Carol dumpster diving for cans...again, and the inevitable fact that one day, somewhere, human excrement will end up on the floor.

Machine generated contents note: ch. 1 004.16 Computers -- ch. 2 025.52 Reference Work -- ch. 3 028.9 Reading Interests and Habits -- ch. 4 031.02 Curiosities and Wonders -- ch. 5 153.733 Listening In -- ch. 6 302.2 Communication, Failures and Disruptions of -- ch. 7 302.343 Bullying -- ch. 8 598.2 Rare Birds -- ch. 9 611 Human Anatomy -- ch. 10 621.385 Telephones -- ch. 11 808.879083 Children's Humor -- ch. 12 809.9339 Volumes of Gratitude.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 129,584,851 books! | Top bar: Always visible