The Sea of Monsters by Rick Riordan

The Sea of Monsters (original 2006; edition 2007)

by Rick Riordan

Member:-Eva-
Title:The Sea of Monsters
Authors:Rick Riordan
Info:Miramax (2007), Paperback, 304 pages
Collections:Read but unowned, Read in 2012
Rating:***
Tags:fiction, YA, american literature, fantasy

The Sea of Monsters by Rick Riordan (2006)

English (348)  German (2)  All (1)  Spanish (1)  All (352)
In this book Percy is on a new quest: to find the Golden Fleece. It was better than the first. ( )
  Aneris | Feb 15, 2017 |
The Percy Jackson books just aren't as good as Harry Potter. They are more juvenile, and just don't keep my interest. My 8 yr old liked them though. ( )
  flyboysgu | Jan 13, 2017 |
Ho-hum second volume in this series. My kids are committed to all five books. Someone save me. ( )
  jalbacutler | Jan 10, 2017 |
I actually listened to the audio version and the reader was so unskilled it nearly drove me crazy, emphasizing wrong words in sentences, giving half the characters weird Southern U.S. accents when that's not how they are described in the book. But, the book itself was a pretty solid young adult read. I'm still a little troubled by the male dominance of this narrative, the general incompetence or passivity of the female characters. But I'm not sure if I'm making too much of that.
  kaitanya64 | Jan 3, 2017 |
Brings a much needed larger scope" to the storyline." ( )
  BookstoogeLT | Dec 10, 2016 |
I read Sea of Monsters by Rick Riordan in a day. I love this guy! And the stories he writes are amazing. I so want to be a demi-god, but I can't decide between being a Daughter of Athena or a Daughter of Poseidon. Anyway, Riordan spins yet another wonderful story about Perseus Jackson and his adventures as a Son of Poseidon. This time, the very existence of Camp Half-Blood is being threatened by the bad guys. Someone has poisoned the tree that protects the camp, and now all sorts of nasties are attacking. Riordan again starts the story with Percy being attacked at school, this time by fierce cannibal giants who blow up the gym during a game of dodgeball that would give even Ben Stiller pause. Aided by his homeless hulk of a friend Tyson, who turns out to be much more than Percy imagined, and the ever-ready Annabeth, Percy escapes and heads back to Camp. He finds things much changed there, with beloved camp leader Chiron being replaced by Tantalus, who obviously doesn't have the best interests of the campers at heart. Eventually, Percy, Annabeth and Tyson set off on a quest to find the Golden Fleece, the only thing that can cure the tree and save the camp. Great fun from one of the most talented writers around.

Rick Riordanprimary authorall editionscalculated
Bernstein, JesseNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Rekiaro, IlkkaTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
To Patrick John Riordan,

the best storyteller in the family
My nightmare started like this.
Humans don't exist on the same level as the immortals. They can't even be hurt by our weapons. But you, Percy--you are part god, part human. You live in both worlds. You can be harmed by both, and you can effect both. That's what makes heroes so special. You carry the hopes of humanity into the realm of the eternal. Monsters never die. They are reborn from the chaos and barbarism that is always bubbling underneath civilization, the very stuff that makes Kronos stronger. They must be defeated again and again, kept at bay. Heroes embody that struggle. You fight the battles humanity must win, every generation, in order to stay human.
This LT work is the second volume (of five) in Rick Riordan's series, Percy Jackson and the Olympians. Please do not combine it with any other individual title or collection of titles from the series. Thank you.

Percy Jackson and the Olympians, Book Two: Sea of Monsters, The

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:04:11 -0400)

Demi-god Percy Jackson and his friends must journey into the Sea of Monsters to save their camp. But first Percy will discover a secret that makes him wonder whether being claimed as Poseidon's son is an honor or a cruel joke.

An edition of this book was published by Penguin Australia.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 113,259,471 books! | Top bar: Always visible