The Sea of Monsters by Rick Riordan

The Sea of Monsters (original 2006; edition 2007)

by Rick Riordan

Member:-Eva-
Title:The Sea of Monsters
Authors:Rick Riordan
Info:Miramax (2007), Paperback, 304 pages
Collections:Read but unowned, Read in 2012
Rating:***
Tags:fiction, YA, american literature, fantasy

The Sea of Monsters by Rick Riordan (2006)

Recently added byPhxDan, kaylabfhs, RoshiniB, MeaganCFHS, private library, aryadeschain, AryaDragon, JKPL

English (290)  German (1)  Spanish (1)  Portuguese (Portugal) (1)  All languages (293)
In this book Percy is on a new quest: to find the Golden Fleece. It was better than the first. ( )
  MoranaMora | Aug 26, 2014 |
Fantastic story for anyone that that's a fan of Greek mythology. Tore through it in no time at all. Written for middle school age readers, but I think older readers can enjoy this series just as much. ( )
  Tigerlily12 | Jul 9, 2014 |
This was a fun, easy read. I think what I enjoy most about this series is that the characters face the same obstacles that Odysseus did. I'm trying to figure out what would be better, to read the Odyssey first, and then these, or read these, and then the Odyssey...? ( )
  csweder | Jul 8, 2014 |
  csweder | Jul 8, 2014 |
3.5 stars

In book 2 of the series, half-human/half-god Percy is looking forward to heading back to Camp Half-Blood for the summer after grade 7, but there have been problems at the camp. Percy and his friends must go on a quest to save the camp.

I had hoped that listening to the audio might draw me in a little more. The audio was fun and I did enjoy it, enough to rate it “good”, 3.5 stars. I did lose focus occasionally and I thought the Grover storyline was just silly, but it's a kid's book, so I suppose for most interested in reading the book, silly is ok. ( )
  LibraryCin | Jun 8, 2014 |

Rick Riordanprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Bernstein, JesseNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Rekiaro, IlkkaTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
To Patrick John Riordan,

the best storyteller in the family
My nightmare started like this.
Humans don't exist on the same level as the immortals. They can't even be hurt by our weapons. But you, Percy--you are part god, part human. You live in both worlds. You can be harmed by both, and you can effect both. That's what makes heroes so special. You carry the hopes of humanity into the realm of the eternal. Monsters never die. They are reborn from the chaos and barbarism that is always bubbling underneath civilization, the very stuff that makes Kronos stronger. They must be defeated again and again, kept at bay. Heroes embody that struggle. You fight the battles humanity must win, every generation, in order to stay human.
This LT work is the second volume (of five) in Rick Riordan's series, Percy Jackson and the Olympians. Please do not combine it with any other individual title or collection of titles from the series. Thank you.

Percy Jackson and the Olympians, Book Two: Sea of Monsters, The

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:22:46 -0400)

Demi-god Percy Jackson and his friends must journey into the Sea of Monsters to save their camp. But first Percy will discover a secret that makes him wonder whether being claimed as Poseidon's son is an honor or a cruel joke.

Two editions of this book were published by Audible.com.

An edition of this book was published by Penguin Australia.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 92,280,298 books! | Top bar: Always visible