The Sea of Monsters by Rick Riordan

The Sea of Monsters (original 2006; edition 2007)

by Rick Riordan

Member:-Eva-
Title:The Sea of Monsters
Authors:Rick Riordan
Info:Miramax (2007), Paperback, 304 pages
Collections:Read but unowned, Read in 2012
Rating:***
Tags:fiction, YA, american literature, fantasy

The Sea of Monsters by Rick Riordan (2006)

I liked this better than the first. I still feel this is aimed more toward a younger crowd, but I still enjoyed it. ( )
  LenaR0307 | May 30, 2016 |
Read all my reviews on http://urlphantomhive.booklikes.com

Continuing with the second instalment in the series: The Sea Of Monsters. I read this book almost directly after the first, and it did not disappoint. I many aspects I thought it was just like the first book and I enjoyed it equally. I did not feel like 'okay, so long and now it's time for something else'.

The strongest point for me stays the interwoven Greek mythology. Famous and less famous stories are brought into the novel, and readers can learn something about them, or they get interested enough to start looking for the original myths. When you start thinking about how the myths are combined with modern day, it won't be a surprise to find where the Sea of Monsters is located nowadays.

Of course, these books involve lots of running away from things and getting into trouble again and again, but it didn't bother me and I really enjoyed reading this book. It was a fast read, I believe for meant for the somewhat younger YA reader. I personally really liked the introduction of Tyson, one of my favourite characters from the series. ( )
  Floratina | May 26, 2016 |

No Comments :)
(because of gadgets) ( )
  PallaviSharma | May 9, 2016 |
Could someone be lucky and unlucky at the same time? Cause Percy sure seems to have the worst and the best luck all at the same time. He always seems to find himself in some kind of trouble, all he has to do is breath and trouble seeks him out, but then he somehow always gets himself out of it. Again Percy has to deal with monsters and a really bratty halfblood having a tantrum. No fear, because Percy has backup in the form of some really cool and kick-ass companions. Annabeth, Grover, Tyson and a new addition to the team this time around, along with Percy set out on a mission to save their beloved Camp Halfblood. This adventure was as exciting as the first, I love how ingenious these kids are and how supportive they are to each other. I love how much these books can make me laugh out loud so unexpectedly. I'm really developing an attachment to these guys, can't wait to tag-along on another of their unfortunate yet fortunate adventures. ( )
  GigisIrieReads | Apr 20, 2016 |
Another fast paced installment of the Percy Jackson series. I was enthralled from page one. With us knowing that Percy is a Half-Blood from the beginning this time, we get to the action much sooner than in book one. And so much action! It starts at Percy's new school, travels with him back to camp, and then it just catapults from there! I was happy to see Grover, Annabeth and Percy all together again. It was interesting to see Clarisse in a different light, I hope to see her grow more tolerant of Percy as the series goes on. And the cliffhanger at the end was amazing! I can't wait to read the next one! ( )
  MynTop | Apr 8, 2016 |

Rick Riordanprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Bernstein, JesseNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Rekiaro, IlkkaTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
To Patrick John Riordan,

the best storyteller in the family
My nightmare started like this.
Humans don't exist on the same level as the immortals. They can't even be hurt by our weapons. But you, Percy--you are part god, part human. You live in both worlds. You can be harmed by both, and you can effect both. That's what makes heroes so special. You carry the hopes of humanity into the realm of the eternal. Monsters never die. They are reborn from the chaos and barbarism that is always bubbling underneath civilization, the very stuff that makes Kronos stronger. They must be defeated again and again, kept at bay. Heroes embody that struggle. You fight the battles humanity must win, every generation, in order to stay human.
This LT work is the second volume (of five) in Rick Riordan's series, Percy Jackson and the Olympians. Please do not combine it with any other individual title or collection of titles from the series. Thank you.

Percy Jackson and the Olympians, Book Two: Sea of Monsters, The

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:04:11 -0400)

Demi-god Percy Jackson and his friends must journey into the Sea of Monsters to save their camp. But first Percy will discover a secret that makes him wonder whether being claimed as Poseidon's son is an honor or a cruel joke.

An edition of this book was published by Penguin Australia.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 105,956,330 books! | Top bar: Always visible