The Sea of Monsters by Rick Riordan

The Sea of Monsters (original 2006; edition 2007)

by Rick Riordan

10,051319284 (4.12)297
Title:The Sea of Monsters
Authors:Rick Riordan
Info:Miramax (2007), Paperback, 304 pages
Collections:Read but unowned, Read in 2012
Tags:fiction, YA, american literature, fantasy

The Sea of Monsters by Rick Riordan (2006)

English (314)  German (1)  Spanish (1)  Portuguese (Portugal) (1)  All languages (317)
I liked the first book well enough, but I think I actually liked this one even better. Great pacing again, but a bit more concise, and I really appreciated the intricate plotting and twists. I think it helps, too, that I have gotten more invested in the characters and knew better what to expect. Some surprisingly poignant scenes in Percy's relationship with Tyson, Poseidon, and Clarisse, I thought. Loved it. :) ( )
  elephantine | Nov 27, 2015 |
Welcome to this BOOK REVIEW !!! YAAAAAY

hahha, well first of all thank you for starting to read this review.Now let's get to the actual review.
If you read the first one, nice ! Wasn't it fabulous ! If you saw the movies back down right now because they have almost nothing to do with the book! So pick a copy of the first one and start entering this fabulous world :) ! So this book was everything and more of what I wished for this second book in this--so far-- wonderful series ! Once agian this book made me laugh and cry and be very angry against some events that happenened in it. I recomend this book to everyone, obviously hahaha !

Am I the only one that was like, percy you asked for help and he sent you your brother what else do youwant !!?? he will forever be loyal to you so yup live with it ! And I cried a lot when Tyson had to go away and when we discovered his youth, I mean it was so touching! He loves percy so much and is so sweet and all! I was so surprised by thalia's apparition at the end of the book I was like what ???!?! WHo is "the one" then ?!? (#teampercy) But I think they will be BFF's since they both get each other more because of the fact that they are both children's from one of the big three. Anyways I can litteraly not wait for the next book |#percyjackson&theolympiansthetitanscurse

See you next time,...
Love xox -Bookarina :) ( )
  Karina-Valerie | Nov 12, 2015 |
In this book Percy is on a new quest: to find the Golden Fleece. It was better than the first. ( )
  Irena. | Nov 3, 2015 |
Started February 12th, 2013.
Lots of action from the start.
Great story and fight scenes.
Bought the next book and will read it now, having finished this one. ( )
  Ingo.Lembcke | Oct 27, 2015 |
This book was great. The ending was surprising. ( )
  Yandere | Oct 26, 2015 |

Rick Riordanprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Bernstein, JesseNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Rekiaro, IlkkaTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
To Patrick John Riordan,

the best storyteller in the family
My nightmare started like this.
Humans don't exist on the same level as the immortals. They can't even be hurt by our weapons. But you, Percy--you are part god, part human. You live in both worlds. You can be harmed by both, and you can effect both. That's what makes heroes so special. You carry the hopes of humanity into the realm of the eternal. Monsters never die. They are reborn from the chaos and barbarism that is always bubbling underneath civilization, the very stuff that makes Kronos stronger. They must be defeated again and again, kept at bay. Heroes embody that struggle. You fight the battles humanity must win, every generation, in order to stay human.
This LT work is the second volume (of five) in Rick Riordan's series, Percy Jackson and the Olympians. Please do not combine it with any other individual title or collection of titles from the series. Thank you.

Percy Jackson and the Olympians, Book Two: Sea of Monsters, The

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:04:11 -0400)

Demi-god Percy Jackson and his friends must journey into the Sea of Monsters to save their camp. But first Percy will discover a secret that makes him wonder whether being claimed as Poseidon's son is an honor or a cruel joke.

An edition of this book was published by Penguin Australia.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 100,918,590 books! | Top bar: Always visible