The Sea of Monsters by Rick Riordan

The Sea of Monsters (original 2006; edition 2007)

by Rick Riordan

Member:-Eva-
Title:The Sea of Monsters
Authors:Rick Riordan
Info:Miramax (2007), Paperback, 304 pages
Collections:Read but unowned, Read in 2012
Rating:***
Tags:fiction, YA, american literature, fantasy

The Sea of Monsters by Rick Riordan (2006)

ANOTHER AWESOME READ! I enjoyed this book so much! Riordan hasn't failed with his story telling. As the story continues, the intensity of the overall story is getting greater. I loved the addition of Tyson! Tyson was so adorable and lovable. I just love how all of the characters have grown so much between book one and two. I really cannot say anything more...this book was awesome! I went to the store today and bought the other ones so I could read them! Whoo hoo! ( )
  MermaidxLibrarian | Jul 16, 2015 |
This book was 5 star quality all the way. I am so not reading anything else (in an actual, hand-held book) until I read this whole series. ( )
  KR_Patterson | Apr 28, 2015 |
fun adventure but I only read it because my son was a huge fan ( )
  Cheryl_in_CC_NV | Apr 14, 2015 |
A better book than the first one in the series, this second Percy Jackson volume introduces a couple of excellent new characters and has a great ending. ( )
  wanack | Apr 6, 2015 |
more of the same from Riordan: decent storytelling, easy-to-read, and fun. nothing spectacular but it's a good read and has a certain charm to see modern spin put on the old Greek myths. this second book is also less like Harry Potter which is great. ( )
  keebrook | Mar 10, 2015 |

Rick Riordanprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Bernstein, JesseNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Rekiaro, IlkkaTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
To Patrick John Riordan,

the best storyteller in the family
My nightmare started like this.
Humans don't exist on the same level as the immortals. They can't even be hurt by our weapons. But you, Percy--you are part god, part human. You live in both worlds. You can be harmed by both, and you can effect both. That's what makes heroes so special. You carry the hopes of humanity into the realm of the eternal. Monsters never die. They are reborn from the chaos and barbarism that is always bubbling underneath civilization, the very stuff that makes Kronos stronger. They must be defeated again and again, kept at bay. Heroes embody that struggle. You fight the battles humanity must win, every generation, in order to stay human.
This LT work is the second volume (of five) in Rick Riordan's series, Percy Jackson and the Olympians. Please do not combine it with any other individual title or collection of titles from the series. Thank you.

Percy Jackson and the Olympians, Book Two: Sea of Monsters, The

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:04:11 -0400)

Demi-god Percy Jackson and his friends must journey into the Sea of Monsters to save their camp. But first Percy will discover a secret that makes him wonder whether being claimed as Poseidon's son is an honor or a cruel joke.

An edition of this book was published by Penguin Australia.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 98,438,877 books! | Top bar: Always visible