The Witch With No Name

by Kim Harrison

Series: The Hollows (13)

"Rachel Morgan's come a long way from the clutzy runner of Dead Witch Walking. She's faced vampires and werewolves, banshees, witchs, and soul-eating demons. She's crossed worlds, channeled gods, and accepted her place as a day-walking demon. She's lost friends and lovers and family, and an old enemy has become something much more. But power demands responsibility, and world-changers must always pay a price. That time is now. To save Ivy's soul and the rest of the living vampires, to keep the demonic ever after and our own world from destruction, Rachel Morgan will risk everything"--… (more)

Such sadness. I'm really sorry to see the series come to a close, but I'm certain that all of the fans will be satisfied by the end. The wonderful Itchy-Witch has had her share of crap storms, and I'm more than willing to see her get a happy ending.
I've been dreading and heavily anticipating this novel for some time, wanting it with such cravings that might put a vampire to shame. The fact that it has finished with such a wonderfully huge bang is only icing on the cake, but I have to say that I loved it all.

Mind candy? Hell yes, but of a caliber much more interesting and emotionally engaging than most urban fantasy that I've read. Will I always think of these books fondly? Hell yes. Will I reread them in the future? Hell yes. They deserve more than that, though... they deserve to be studied by other urban fantasy authors and emulated, even improved upon, but above all, they need to be cherished.

Thank you for the gift of these wonderful novels! ( )
  bradleyhorner | Jun 1, 2020 |
It was very sad to read this book knowing that it was the last of this series. It's been an adventure following the lives of the characters in this book, and how they've grown during each book. I wanted to cry when I finished the book, not only because of how it ended was just great, but because this was it there is no more. I hope Kim Harrison will start another series that is just as awesome as this one was. I cannot wait to read more! ( )
  hixxup79 | Feb 23, 2020 |
I think at one point, I actually found the vampires in the series interesting. I am well beyond caring, because the entire vampire-soul plot was unbearably boring. ( )
  treehorse | Nov 7, 2019 |
Synopsis:The vampires want their souls, the demons want out of the ever-after, and everyone else wants their race to come out on top. All Rachel really wants is that Ivy, Jenks, the elves, and everyone else is safe, 'Up until The Witch With No Name, Rachel was supported in this endeavor by Rynn Cormel, undead master vampire of Cincinnati, former U.S. president, and author of a wildly successful how-to book on safely dating vampires. But at the beginning of the book, Cormel, tired of waiting for salvation, raises the stakes (badum-tsh!): He marks Ivy for death in order to force Rachel's hand and speed up her timeline. Already caught between elf and demon politics, hiding from a Goddess of wild magic who wants to destroy her, and full of unexpected feelings for a new boyfriend, Rachel now has to fend off assassination attempts on her best friend — while figuring out how to save the vampires from themselves.'
Review: I hate that this series is over. I liked the ending of the book with everyone seeming to get what they deserved, both good and bad. ( )
  DrLed | Jul 23, 2019 |
The final book in the series, with tons of drama and suspense as Rachel and friends meet crisis after crisis as the Elves try to wipe out vampires and demons alike. Rachel has to scramble to save so many including her friends.
  wyldheartreads | Jun 20, 2019 |

Kim Harrisonprimary authorall editionscalculated
Rostant, LarryCover artistsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Thornton, KateAuthor photosecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
To Tim, the guy in the leather jacket
Necked craned, I squinted up between the shadowed apartments.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 150,688,943 books! | Top bar: Always visible