My Teacher Is a Monster! (No, I Am Not.) by…

My Teacher Is a Monster! (No, I Am Not.) (edition 2014)

by Peter Brown

Member:scoutlee
Title:My Teacher Is a Monster! (No, I Am Not.)
Authors:Peter Brown
Info:Little, Brown Books for Young Readers (2014), Hardcover, 40 pages
Collections:Your library, Read but unowned
Tags:read 2015, children's fiction-picture book

My Teacher Is a Monster! (No, I Am Not.) by Peter Brown

Bobby had a problem at school with his teacher Ms. Kirby. Bobby thought Ms.Kirby was a very mean teacher and always got him in trouble or yelled at him. One day he saw her at a park sitting on a bench and sat by her. Bobby raised his hand and they had a quick conversation and then all of a sudden a gust of wind blew away Ms. Kirby's favorite hat. Ms. Kirby was so excited Bobby caught her hat before it landed in the water after that they enjoyed the day spending time at the park together. At school Ms. Kriby still stomped and shouted however she acknowledged Bobby's great work, until he threw a paper airplane in class. This is a short read about a boy who does not like his teacher but once he sees her outside of the classroom he comes to realize she is a nice person and does normal things like every one else.
  jocelynjanae6 | Mar 23, 2017 |
Bobby does not like his teacher and thinks she is horrible. He spends a day with her outside of school, and realizes she is nice and that he likes her.
  kiahbremframe | Mar 17, 2017 |
This book is about a supposed monster who is the teacher of a class. When a student encounters the monster in a park one day and they interact in a positive way, the monster slowly turns into a human adult. I think the theme of misunderstanding and then connecting with an adult who a child might see as strict or monstrous is a universal one among school children who aren't happy in their current grade or class. It comes off as very adult though to then try to make the child understand the "monster" as a real human. The artwork is funny and compliments the narrative really well. I like this one because as a teacher of course I want all of my students to understand that we're "mean" or controlling only to protect and care for. ( )
  LeslieMuir | Mar 17, 2017 |
I liked the storyline of this one because it can be very relatable for young students. They can interpret the monster as a teacher, or another adult in their lives. It was funny and sweet. The artwork was simple but creative and fun to see how each character progressed. ( )
  rachlara | Mar 15, 2017 |
Peter Brown authors and illustrates a book that kids can relate to. Bobby sees his teacher as a monster until one day he encounters her out of the classroom and begins to see her in a new light. The illustrations reflect his gradually changing view of her.
  annereid1 | Feb 8, 2017 |

Bobby's perspective of his teacher changes after a chance encounter with her on the weekend.

A young boy named Bobby has the worst teacher. She's loud, she yells, and if you throw paper airplanes, she won't allow you to enjoy recess. She is a monster! Luckily, Bobby can go to his favorite spot in the park on weekends to play. Until one day... he finds his teacher there! Over the course of one day, Bobby learns that monsters are not always what they seem.

Each page is filled with "monstrous" details that will have kids reading the story again and again. Peter Brown takes a universal and timeless theme, and adds his own humorous spin to create another winner of a picture book.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:13:15 -0400)

Bobby thinks his teacher, Ms. Kirby, is horrible, but when he sees her outside of school and they spend a day in the park together, he discovers she might not be so bad after all.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 113,288,270 books! | Top bar: Always visible