Gaston by Kelly Dipucchio

Gaston

by Kelly DiPucchio

Other authors: Christian Robinson (Illustrator)

A mother dog has a litter of puppies, but one looks different than the rest. Gaston still acts like the rest of her litter. While at the park, there is another litter that has a similar problem. They were accidentally switched! Gaston tried to fit in with the dogs that look like him, but he acts more like the poodle litter than his own. They conclude that the dogs should be with the litter that they feel most comfortable in. ( )
  kathleenkarakey | Apr 11, 2017 |
This book was too cheesy for me so I did not enjoy reading it. The names were very cliche and the story was predictable. The art work was very bland as well. I do not think I would recommend this book ( )
  rachlara | Mar 18, 2017 |
Genre: Picture book 4

The story revolves around a dog named Gaston who is not like the rest of his family. It is somewhat of an "ugly duckling" esque story. Gaston's family is prim and proper, and no matter how hard he tries, he never can seem to get it right. Until one day, the family of dogs meets another family with the same problem. While all of their dogs are rough and tough, the girl dog is very much proper. After switching dogs, the families realize that their respective dog does belong in the family.

As a dog lover, I adored this book. The illustrations really appealed to me. The scenery is very simplistic and child-like. I think the theme is family. Although we may be different or although we don't understand each other, our family is still our family. I think it also was saying that everyone has a lesson to teach. The proper dogs taught the rough dogs how to be like them and vise versa.
I don't know if this book could be used in a classroom. I think some books are best just for fun. And I think that this book is great for a free reading time or even a read aloud book.
  ahle | Dec 4, 2016 |
Read for book store assignment
  violetkulch | Nov 29, 2016 |
The story of feeling like a misfit among your own family. A lesson that those that look like you may not make you feel "right". A story about it being okay to be different.
  dineenvallance | Nov 29, 2016 |

DiPucchio, Kellyprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Robinson, ChristianIllustratorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed

A proper bulldog raised in a poodle family and a tough poodle raised in a bulldog family meet one day in the park.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 113,852,409 books! | Top bar: Always visible