Assumption by Aurora Rose Reynolds
They say when you assume, you make an ass out of you and me. Kenton Mayson learned this lesson firsthand when he made assumptions about Autumn Freeman and the kind of woman she was based on what little information he had. What he finds out is that she's not only beautiful but also smart, funny, a fighter, and exactly the kind of woman he wants to share his life with. Autumn made assumptions of her own about Kenton, and now he needs to prove her wrong in order to protect her and their future.… (more)

So much drama! These books are all about the angst and the drama. This one has a LOT of things going on and sometimes I think it felt a bit rush. I wish some things had been fleshed out a bit more. But, overall, this is exactly what you expect from Aurora Rose Reynolds: alphas who say "my woman" a lot, danger, and drama. I love a book that I know what to expect from and I am always happy with her books! ( )
  thebookdisciple | Oct 9, 2018 |
My review:

We know this is not right, yet we do it every day... make assumptions. This is what this book revolves around. Sometimes I wonder how much in life I have missed out on because of these assumptions. Kenton makes assumptions about Autumn from the first second that they met. And it just goes downhill from there. But the alpha male decides enough games and the heat is on... Throw in a psycho sort of ex and a mafia hit man into the mix and this book just explodes.

I love Aurora Rose Reynolds books! I cannot wait for the next one. So please don't let us suffer too long without a good book-fix!

Synopsis:

as·sump·tion:

a thing that is accepted as true or as certain to happen, without proof

Warning 18 and over due to violence and sexual encounters ( )
  Emmie217 | Jun 27, 2018 |
I enjoyed this book. I do wish that I would have read the Until series first. There are references to several of the characters. I feel like I would have gotten more from it if I would have known who everyone was and what their personalities were like etc.

She is super beautiful, but hates it because it's always beens something used against her.Beautiful. I hate that fucking word. Who gives a crap if someone is attractive on the outside if they are dying inside?

He is someone I thought was sort of a goody two shoes at first. She's all troubled, and he seems more together and high end. But then I found out more about him, and I liked it. I hope to find out more about that word in the coming books. One thing he isn't is confused. He knows what he wants and does everything with purpose."What do you think we're doing here?"

4.4 stars

toni

FangirlMoments and My Two Cents

ToniFGMAMTC | Jan 19, 2017 |
Another winner from Aurora! Besides the men she writes, I love that in the previous books tend to overlap and we get little glimpses of the next couple. They are really just torturous teasers as you know you have to wait for the next book but its all worth it.

We met Kenton Mason in Nico’s book. They work together in a bounty hunting business. We knew that a woman that was described as a stripper had moved in with him for protection but didn’t know her full story. Not knowing a full story can mean you make the wrong assumptions which Kenton defiantly did.

This series is a bit darker as these guys have to deal with the seedier side of life and will go to any means to protect those they love. I love a good anti hero and Kenton is certainly that as are Kia and Sven who stories will be next.

I love this author’s voice – I’m going to call her books “feel good” books because I feel so good when I read them. I’m like an excited child when I start it saying gimme gimme gimme of the words and story, sucking them up like a sponge.
  CindySnS | Oct 26, 2016 |
I’m not normally a fan of the ‘Alpha Male’ Hero, but I make an exception for the men Aurora Rose Reynolds creates. While her guys can be a little too Alpha, the female counterparts are typically strong enough to rein in those dominant traits and have the ability to soothe those gentle giants.

The Underground Kings series is connected to the Until series. Kenton is the cousin of the Heroes in the latter, and he’s made appearances throughout the series. In Assumption, Kenton defines the proverb “When you ASSUME, you make an ASS out of U and ME.” When Kenton first meets Autumn, a Vegas stripper, he assumes she is that and only that. He doesn’t take the time to get to know her, so when he discovers there’s more to her than her previous occupation, he is thrown through a loop. He does a pretty good job of making up for his mistakes one sweet moment at a time.

Autumn might be my favorite female written by Aurora Rose Reynolds. She’s been through hell, but remains strong and sweet. She doesn’t take crap from anyone and is willing to look like a loon to get even. I won’t give up any spoilers, but my favorite scene involves Autumn, a bed, and a car. I couldn’t hold in my smile as I read it. Also, any scene with Autumn and Justin was guaranteed to make me giggle. Their friendship is silly and genuine.

Assumption takes a darker turn than the Until series. There’s more violence and questionable actions. The line between right and wrong becomes hazy. We’re introduced to a slew of new characters, some from gritty backgrounds, which is where I’m guessing the “Underground” in the series name comes from. I think as an introductory novel, Assumption does a great job of pulling together the new characters and deeper storyline. I would give this book 4 out of 5 stars and highly recommend it!! ( )
  RMBBLynnie | Oct 9, 2014 |

[as·sump·tion:] a thing that is accepted as true or as certain to happen, without proof They say when you assume that you make an ass out of you and me. Kenton Mayson learned this lesson firsthand when he made assumptions about Autumn Freeman and the kind of woman she is based on what little information he had. What he finds out is she’s not only beautiful, but also smart, funny, a fighter, and exactly the kind of woman he wants to share his life with. Autumn made assumptions of her own about Kenton, and now he needs to prove her wrong in order to protect her and their future.

Tantor Media

An edition of this book was published by Tantor Media.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 138,174,470 books! | Top bar: Always visible