Tiny Creatures: The World of Microbes by…

Tiny Creatures: The World of Microbes

by Nicola Davies

Inside Your Insides: A Guide to the Microbes That Call You Home by Claire Eamer (themulhern)
    themulhern: If this book has piqued your child's interest, "Inside Your Insides" is a nice step up. Great illustrations, more text, and some really funny bits.

This book is all about microbes! It is actually super fun to read which surprised me. The illustrations are AMAZING. They are so cute and bright and really add to the story! I love the use of colored pencils mixed with watercolor. It just look so good. I also live the use of color throughout the illustrations. They really fill the page and help keep the reader engaged through the astounding pictures that really add to the text. This book basically just explains what microbes are, the good and the bad, and how they work. It is actually really informative for not being extensively science filled. After reading it, I feel as though I know a lot more about microbes and what they are. I didn't even know what they were before but now I feel as though I could explain them to someone else if they asked. I would say that means the book did a great job explaining what they are in a way that is easy to understand. This book would be a good way to introduce children to microbes in the classroom and open up a discussion about them as well. This could also be a fun circle time book during a week where microbes are part of the lesson plan in the science part of the day. Overall, this a great read and I will definitely be including it in my classroom. ( )
  ashleyfray | Jun 11, 2018 |
Good illustrations, but no information in it that is really useful for an adult. A really nice introduction to microbes for a very young child. ( )
  themulhern | Dec 12, 2017 |
Informative and interesting. I love the strong perspectives and illustrations that helped you out with arrows to the different spots when explaining some concept. It might be a little more boring for the children because it has longer descriptions, but I found it enjoyable.
  Cara_M | Jun 12, 2017 |
This book explains microbes in a fun and engaging way for students. It gives lots of size and number comparisons to put this information in perspective, noting things like "a single drop of seawater can hold twenty million microbes. That's about the same as the number of people in New York State." It gives the different jobs microbes do including allowing us to digest food, decomposing and fermenting things, eroding and depositing. Finally students learn about how certain microbes like E. Coli split, and it shows a visual of the exponentially multiplying microbe.
  widdowsd | May 9, 2017 |
Used for Informational Book Assignment
  mercedeslillian | Mar 20, 2017 |

Find out how the smallest things on the planet do some of the biggest jobs in this intriguing introduction to the world of microbes.

All around the world — in the sea, in the soil, in the air, and in your body — there are living things so tiny that millions could fit on an ant’s antenna. They’re busy doing all sorts of things, from giving you a cold and making yogurt to eroding mountains and helping to make the air we breathe. If you could see them with your eye, you’d find that they all look different, and that they’re really good at changing things into something else and at making many more microbes like themselves! From Nicola Davies comes a first exploration for young readers of the world’s tiniest living organisms.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:20:29 -0400)

Looks at all the different microbes that inhabit the Earth and examines the varied jobs they do.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 127,266,599 books! | Top bar: Always visible