The Course of Human Events by David…

The Course of Human Events

by David McCullough

Short, but quite powerful!!! ( )
  tntbeckyford | Feb 16, 2019 |
Not really a book...more like an academic lecture. While the subject matter is entertaining and motivating, the author's delivery is academic--many long parenthetical phrases that make comprehension difficult but communicate precisely. Maybe, i did not get the point, exactly, but I'd rather spend my time elsewhere and I'm glad that I borrowed it and did not have to pay for it. ( )
  buffalogr | Oct 28, 2016 |

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0743550382, Audio CD)

FROM THE #1 NEW YORK TIMES BESTSELLING

AUTHOR OF JOHN ADAMS

On May 15th, 2003 David McCullough presented The Course of Human Events as The 2003 Jefferson Lecture in the Humanities in Washington, DC. The Jefferson Lecture is a tribute to McCullough's lifetime investigation of history.

In this short speech, this master historian tracks his fascination with all things historical to his early days in Pittsburgh where he "learned to love history by way of books" in bookshops and at the local library.

McCullough eloquently leads us through the founding fathers' attraction to history, letting us in on his composition of 1776 as well as the Pulitzer Prize winning John Adams. His obvious affection for history is inspiring, because it encompasses the whole reach of the human drama. In McCullough's able hands, history truly "is a larger way of looking at life."

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:22:38 -0400)

Draws on personal correspondence of the author's lifetime investigation of history.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 134,906,866 books! | Top bar: Always visible