The Last Town (The Wayward Pines Trilogy) by…

The Last Town (The Wayward Pines Trilogy) (edition 2014)

by Blake Crouch (Author)

Member:parasolofdoom
Title:The Last Town (The Wayward Pines Trilogy)
Authors:Blake Crouch (Author)
Info:Thomas & Mercer (2014), 306 pages
Collections:To read

The Last Town by Blake Crouch

The exciting conclusion to the Wayward Pines trilogy. The survival of Ethan and the other town citizens is in great peril as they fight for their lives. It is difficult to write a review without giving too much away, but know that you won't be able to put it down. Strongly recommended for people who love thrillers. ( )
  voracious | Mar 27, 2017 |
This book is just as fast-paced and action-packed as the first book, maybe even more so. There aren't really any parts where things slow down too much or get boring, the way there was with the second book, because it picks up exactly where the second book leaves off with the town and the people in crisis and trying to survive an impossible situation. There were a few parts that I didn't think made a lot of sense or were out of place, but not many. Still enough to dock it a star, though. It was definitely a wild ride and I enjoyed it very much, even when I was angry or annoyed with some of the actions or decisions of some of the characters. I really liked the ending and I kind of hope that one day the author writes another book for us, but even if he doesn't it's still probably the best ending possible. I would definitely recommend this trilogy to friends. ( )
  madam_razz | Jan 19, 2017 |
The Last Town is the wrap up of the Wayward Pines Trilogy. So….if you have not read Pines and Wayward then you’ll need to skip this book for now and get caught up. I can’t talk about this book without revealing major spoilers for the previous books. Warning: SPOILER ALERT Below!

Are you still reading….I am about to talk about the plot so you’ve been warned!!!!

The majority of residents in Wayward Pines will die, most horrifically, before the end of this book. The end of book 2 let us with a big cliff hanger. Sheriff Ethan Burke took a gamble and told the residents the truth. They were in suspended animation for over 1,800 years and all they knew about a previous life is gone. David Pilcher, a self-proclaimed god, turned off the electric fences leaving the residents at the mercy of the abbies. The Last Town picks up exactly where Wayward left off. It could have been a fatter book but the cliff hanger at the end of book 2 was great.

Everyone is scrabbling to escape the abbies, hide from them before being eviscerated as well as dealing with that bombshell Ethan dropped on them. Obviously not everyone escapes the slaughter and the frantic efforts to get into caves and hide have you on the edge of your seat.

Side story - There is mention of a man named Tobias who is outside the fence, sent years ago to explore what remains of the United States. He clings to the memory of a woman whom he loved devoutly and that’s what keeps him going. He discovers the fate of mankind and heads back to Wayward Pines with the news. He’s half starved, he’s filthy and was never expected to return. Basically a suicide mission that Pilcher sent him on. The woman he loves is Theresa Burke and when you discover who he is, well…..I’m not sure what I thought about his survival. Did I want him dead or did I want him to succeed? You’ll now when you read it why I was on the fence.

The end of this book was not what I expected but Crouch does leave it open to write a 4th book. He published this book in 2014 so maybe he’s moved on to other books but I would certainly read a 4th book. The last sentence is a cliff hanger! ( )
  SquirrelHead | Nov 8, 2016 |
I really enjoyed this whole series. The book and TV series were both intriguing and suspenseful. I liked that they were different but stayed with the same style. I liked the first and last book better than the second but would still recommend all of them! ( )
  KeriLynneD | Sep 20, 2016 |
"For now, the world belongs to the abbies, but the future...The future could be ours."

Wow this is the second book I've read this week that had one hell of an ending. I think because I didn't see it coming it made it even more shocking. I liked the ending a lot until about an hour after I finished reading the book and realized it was the last book in the series and now I hate it, hate it, hate it because if left so many loose ends. You'll think there is another book after this one and there absolutely needs to be. Surely it can't really end that way! Ughh so frustrating...As for the rest of the book, a lot of it was a rehash of earlier events which I also thought was nicely done until again, I realized this was the last book in the series. The author wasted all of those pages on rehashing past events when he should have used it to write a better more complete ending!

EmpressReece | Aug 22, 2016 |
Fear suddenly wore him like a glove.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 115,214,327 books! | Top bar: Always visible