Is Nothing Something?: Kids' Questions and…

by Thich Nhat Hanh (Author), Jessica McClure (Illustrator)

Member:uufnn
Title:Is Nothing Something?: Kids' Questions and Zen Answers About Life, Death, Family, Friendship, and Everything in Between
Authors:Thich Nhat Hanh (Author)
Other authors:Jessica McClure (Illustrator)
Info:Plum Blossom (2014), 40 pages
Tags:Shelved in R.E. Bldg., T. R.=Teacher's Resource, friendship, life, death

Is Nothing Something?: Kids' Questions and Zen Answers About Life, Death, Family, Friendship, and Everything in Between by Thích Nhất Hạnh

"Zen Master Thich Nhat Hanh answers heartfelt, difficult, and funny questions from children of all ages. Both humorous and profound, 'Is Nothing Something?' is the perfect resource for kids with questions, adults looking to answer them, and anyone with questions of their own." Source: The book's back cover.
  uufnn | Mar 9, 2019 |
I like this book, and I like the concept. It is made up of hard questions that don't have easy answers, like, "Why do people make wars?", and "Why do I sometimes feel that everyone is against me?". The questions are answered in the words of Thich Nhat Hanh. Not everyone will agree with the perspectives, but they are insightful, and can help answer questions that are hard to answer. ( )
  BrindelStubbs | Jun 11, 2017 |

"In Is Nothing Something? Zen Master Thich Nhat Hanh answers heartfelt, difficult, and funny questions from children of all ages. Illustrated with original full-color artwork by Jessica McClure, Is Nothing Something? will help adults plant the seeds of mindfulness in the young children in their lives. Beginning with the most basic questions, "What is important in life?" and "Why is my brother mean to me?" and progressing through issues that we all wrestle with, such as "How do I know if I really love somebody?", "How long am I going to live?", and "What does God look like?", each page presents a question with a short answer from Thich Nhat Hanh, appropriate for beginning readers to work with on their own. The back of the book has the first complete children's biography of Thich Nhat Hanh, along with basic, kid-friendly instructions for mindful breathing and mindful walking. Both humorous and profound, Is Nothing Something? is the perfect resource for kids with questions, adults looking to answer them, and anyone with questions of their own"--… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 134,134,192 books! | Top bar: Always visible