The Julian Chapter: A Wonder Story by R. J.…

The Julian Chapter: A Wonder Story

by R. J. Palacio

2014 (5) acceptance (2) bully (1) bullying (6) children's (3) Cleveland (1) deformity (1) differences (1) disabilities (1) disability (1) ebook (3) empathy (1) fiction (9) kindness (1) MG (1) misbehavior (1) Nazis (1) popularity (1) redemption (1) remorse (1) school (4) special needs (1) to-read (10) tween (1) wonder (3) WWII (4) YA (2) young adult (3) youth (1) z1 (1)

English (7)  Catalan (1)  Spanish (1)  All languages (9)
A short story about Julian, a character from Palacio’s Wonder who didn’t get a say in that book. I read Wonder a year ago, so I didn’t remember all the characters clearly, but this story kind of works as a stand-alone. There aren’t too many details that you need a backstory for. I think this story is a great way to show things from the bully’s point of view, and highly recommend it to those who read Wonder. ( )
  howifeelaboutbooks | Nov 4, 2015 |
I really loved this chapter. I think it was really admirable that Palachio decided to show things from julian's point of view. I think it sends an important message to kids that there is always another side of the story - even when it seems really black and white. Recommended! ( )
  alanna1122 | Oct 22, 2015 |
Awesome! I love her books and the feelings they invoke. Kindness matters. Every middle school kid should read these books. ( )
  bwhitner | Jun 29, 2015 |
Read on June 20, 2015

It's been a couple of years since my reading of Wonder, but I remember loving it. Reading this chapter from Julian's perspective (he's the bully in the book) makes me want to read the book again.

Julian finally realizes the errors in his behavior while staying with his grandmother in France. He learns that she was saved once by someone that frightened her. Julian also learns that he was named after that young man.

A great addition to the world of Wonder. ( )
  melissarochelle | Jun 22, 2015 |
I can't say I'm too fond of Before (the retelling of Wonder from Julian's point of view), but I loved Grandmère's part, even if Julian and his mom switched their positions too quickly for my taste. ( )
  IsaboeOfLumatere | Jan 14, 2015 |

Is an expanded version of

From the very first day Auggie and Julian met in the pages of Wonder, it was clear they were never going to be friends, with Julian treating Auggie like he had the plague. And while Wonder told Auggie's story through six different viewpoints, Julian's perspective was never shared. Until now. The Julian Chapter will finally reveal the bully's side of the story. Why is Julian so unkind to Auggie? And does he have a chance for redemption?… (more)

2 wanted3 pay3 pay

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 100,951,518 books! | Top bar: Always visible