The Julian Chapter: A Wonder Story by R. J.…

The Julian Chapter: A Wonder Story

by R. J. Palacio

English (10)  Catalan (1)  Spanish (1)  All languages (12)
I was skeptical of the story of Wonder from the antagonists point of view, but this was so well done, it was my favorite part of the whole story! ( )
  Jen.ODriscoll.Lemon | Jan 22, 2016 |
  Jen.ODriscoll.Lemon | Jan 22, 2016 |
As a follow-up to her hugely popular Wonder author RJ Palacio wrote a short story from the point of view of the bully, Julian. I really like what she has done here. In writing Julian's story she has humanized him, and shared his motivations. By sharing the story in Julian's words, she helps the reader understand him. Too often a bully is seen as nothing more than a mean and nasty person, nothing more. In reality, they are just as human as their victims. Much like Wonder has come to be used in bullying education programs, so to should this short story. In order to see any real changes made, both sides need to be heard. Only then can we effectively find a solution. ( )
  Mootastic1 | Jan 15, 2016 |
A short story about Julian, a character from Palacio’s Wonder who didn’t get a say in that book. I read Wonder a year ago, so I didn’t remember all the characters clearly, but this story kind of works as a stand-alone. There aren’t too many details that you need a backstory for. I think this story is a great way to show things from the bully’s point of view, and highly recommend it to those who read Wonder. ( )
  howifeelaboutbooks | Nov 4, 2015 |
I really loved this chapter. I think it was really admirable that Palachio decided to show things from julian's point of view. I think it sends an important message to kids that there is always another side of the story - even when it seems really black and white. Recommended! ( )
  alanna1122 | Oct 22, 2015 |

Is an expanded version of

From the very first day Auggie and Julian met in the pages of Wonder, it was clear they were never going to be friends, with Julian treating Auggie like he had the plague. And while Wonder told Auggie's story through six different viewpoints, Julian's perspective was never shared. Until now. The Julian Chapter will finally reveal the bully's side of the story. Why is Julian so unkind to Auggie? And does he have a chance for redemption?… (more)

2 wanted3 pay3 pay

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 103,113,792 books! | Top bar: Always visible