The Julian Chapter: A Wonder Story by R. J.…

The Julian Chapter: A Wonder Story

by R. J. Palacio

English (5)  Catalan (1)  All languages (6)
Awesome! I love her books and the feelings they invoke. Kindness matters. Every middle school kid should read these books. ( )
  bwhitner | Jun 29, 2015 |
Read on June 20, 2015

It's been a couple of years since my reading of Wonder, but I remember loving it. Reading this chapter from Julian's perspective (he's the bully in the book) makes me want to read the book again.

Julian finally realizes the errors in his behavior while staying with his grandmother in France. He learns that she was saved once by someone that frightened her. Julian also learns that he was named after that young man.

A great addition to the world of Wonder. ( )
  melissarochelle | Jun 22, 2015 |
I can't say I'm too fond of Before (the retelling of Wonder from Julian's point of view), but I loved Grandmère's part, even if Julian and his mom switched their positions too quickly for my taste. ( )
  IsaboeOfLumatere | Jan 14, 2015 |
A good story about how a bully reevaluates his actions. It's true that some people don't realize that they are being hurtful until they are told that they are. The grandmother's story is a tear-jerker. ( )
  Emanbella | Sep 5, 2014 |
The rabid fans of WONDER can finally discover what Julian was thinking as the events unfolded. While a bit neatly constructed at times from an adult's perspective, kids won't care, and the protagonist's final discoveries have unexpected poignancy. Recommended. Review based on a digital galley provided by the publisher via NetGalley.com. (56) ( )
  activelearning | May 31, 2014 |

Is an expanded version of

From the very first day Auggie and Julian met in the pages of Wonder, it was clear they were never going to be friends, with Julian treating Auggie like he had the plague. And while Wonder told Auggie's story through six different viewpoints, Julian's perspective was never shared. Until now. The Julian Chapter will finally reveal the bully's side of the story. Why is Julian so unkind to Auggie? And does he have a chance for redemption?… (more)

3 wanted3 pay3 pay

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 99,150,667 books! | Top bar: Always visible