The Forbidden Tomb by Chris Kuzneski

The Forbidden Tomb

by Chris Kuzneski

Great book! Full of action and lots of spine chilling tension. I love this series because of the historical angle. ( )
  Emmie217 | Jun 27, 2018 |
The Forbidden Tomb is the second book in The Hunters, a series featuring an elite group of people with special skills. We have the leader, Jack Cobb; Josh McNutt, former Marine sniper; ex-CIA spy, Sarah Ellis; computer specialist and renowned hacker, Hector Garcia; and historian, Jasmine Park. People have searched for the legendary tomb of Alexander the Great for centuries but the Hunters are hired by someone who believes they have a real chance of solving the mystery. They base themselves in Alexandria, where intrigue and hostile forces will do anything they can to stop them and get to the tomb first.

After a bit of a slow start I thought the action ramped right up and the hunt for the tomb became very suspenseful. The characters are interesting and they have developed quite a bit from the first book. If you enjoy reading an action filled story combined with a historical mystery then you may enjoy this series. While I preferred the second book in the series to the first, I recommend reading The Hunters first, if you want to get to know the characters who reprise themselves in Forbidden Tomb. ( )
  Olivermagnus | Aug 9, 2017 |
In this 2nd book in The Hunters series by Chris Kuzneski, we return to the team of treasure hunters preparing for another mission...this time they are hunting for Alexander the Great's Tomb.

The story takes us from Florida (the home base) to Egypt, specifically Alexandria, as the team follows the clues obtained from an ancient map that Cobb received at the end of the first book. During the hunt, the team acquires new allies (and loses some) as they battle a very formidable foe who will stop at nothing to protect their secrets.

This book is a definite improvement over the first book in the series. The characters are better developed, the storyline is tighter and the hunt more interesting. While there's still room for improvement in the dialogue and the pacing, the obvious improvement from book 1 to book 2 will definitely keep me reading the series.

Rating: 4 stars ( )
1 vote bhabeck | Mar 30, 2017 |
The Forbidden Tomb by Chris Kuzneski
The Hunters series Book #2
4 stars

From The Book:
For nearly two thousand years, the legendary tomb of Alexander the Great—and the extraordinary riches concealed within—has remained undiscovered, but recent events may hold the key to locating the fabled vault. Only one team has what it takes to solve the mystery that has plagued historians for centuries. he Hunters—an elite group assembled by an enigmatic billionaire to locate the world’s greatest treasures—are tasked with finding the tomb. Following clues to Alexandria, they encounter hostile forces that will do anything to stop them. Before long, the treasure hunt becomes a deadly rescue mission that will take the lives of hundreds and leave a city in ruins. As the danger continues to mount, will they rise to the challenge? Or will the team be killed before they find the ultimate prize?

My Thoughts:
This is an exceptional series with true to life, believable characters and more action and adventure than anyone could possibly ask for. You won't always like the decisions that are made...you may become frustrated with some of the actions...but you will always be amazed at their individual abilities and skills. This one was headed for another half star at least...until the end. Sorry, Chris...but that was disappointing on so many levels. ( )
  Carol420 | Mar 30, 2017 |
4.25 Stars. This is the second book in the Hunters series and was much better than the first, and the overarching theme across the series became clearer! The Group grew on me more in this one, and the humour was less in your face. If you like historical action books (set here and now) I think you will enjoy these. The author certainly pulled no punches in one or two places, and there was some shocks that I didn't see coming. I am keen to continue this series. ( )
  Andrew-theQM | Mar 29, 2017 |

The hunters. If you seek, they will find...The treasure: For over two thousand years, the legendary tomb of Alexander the Great - and the riches concealed within - has evaded discovery. Now, after centuries of searching, an ancient map has come to light that could hold the key to finding the fabled vault. Only one team has the skill and the expertise to solve the mystery once and for all. The mission: It's up to The Hunters - an elite group assembled to track down the world's greatest treasures - to find the tomb. But on arriving in Alexandria, it quickly becomes clear that hostile forces are on their trail. And when one of the team is captured in cisterns deep below the city, what began as a treasure hunt becomes a deadly rescue mission. For there are some who will use any means possible to destroy The Hunters' efforts, and now there is more at stake than they ever could have imagined. High-octane action. Brilliant characters.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 134,824,165 books! | Top bar: Always visible