A Dubious Plan: Colton Banyon Mystery #5…

A Dubious Plan: Colton Banyon Mystery #5 (Volume 5) (edition 2012)

by Gerald J. Kubicki

Member:J.T.Thomas
Title:A Dubious Plan: Colton Banyon Mystery #5 (Volume 5)
Authors:Gerald J. Kubicki
Info:CreateSpace Independent Publishing Platform (2012), Paperback, 314 pages
Rating:*****

A Dubious Curse by Gerald J. Kubicki

I received this book as an ebook free from the author through LibraryThing in exchange for an honest review. The author has done an excellent job of blending fantasy with history. This book is fast paced with lots of action. I found it very entertaining with lots of twists and surprises. Even though it is part of a series it is a complete story by itself and can be read as a standalone novel. This is a well-written book that let me escape for a few hours. ( )
  iadam | Aug 17, 2014 |
Book # 8, in the Colton Banyon Mystery

Although the story continues the adventure of Colton Banyon and his team of unique characters this book works quite well as a stand-alone. No worries if you pick this one first in no way you will feel lost. The authors have done their best to immerse us from the start in a suspenseful blend of history and fantasy. But first, keep an open mind to see beyond the conspiracy theories, extra- sensory perception, communicating with the dead, evil curses….all that stuff you will read. After all this book is not to be taken seriously but is highly entertaining.

This story is well- written and very smooth to read so smooth indeed I hardly noticed being pulled into the action. Colton has telepathic powers and talks to his long dead friend Wolf who advises him on his next move. In “A Dubious Curse” we have Colton and his extraordinary team pinned once again against “The Effort” (a modern version of the Nazi Party) both seeking a book that contains the secrets of an ancient power (the Vril).

The plot’s vivid imagery is peppered with never ending action, numerous twists and turns and all the goodies that are well thought out. Colton and his team are a bunch of wacky dudes their adventures are so amusing it is hard to put this book down. Great characterization, excellent dialogue and all the ingredients needed to make this a heck of a great read. ( )
  Tigerpaw70 | Aug 8, 2014 |
Fun book with lots of twists and turns. Surprise ending. Page turner. ( )
  GeraldJ | May 15, 2014 |
This was the first book I’ve read by Gerald Kubicki and the first in the Colton Banyon series, but you can be sure that I’ll be reading the others as soon as I can find the time! I thought it was great, totally my type of a book. I don’t know if it helps to start the series from the beginning, but I came in at this one and felt caught up to speed well enough. Some series you can’t do that, but this does work well as a standalone in my opinion. The chapters were short, which made the book seem to fly by. I’ve never read anything like this before, and there were loads of twists and surprises that kept me glued to my kindle. Colton and Loni make a great pair, and I really liked Loni’s character as a whole. Easy to read and makes for a great escape for a couple of hours. ( )
  J.T.Thomas | Jan 16, 2013 |
Fast-paced and original with quirky characters and a compelling plot, “A Dubious Plan” by Gerald Kubicki is one of those books that even after you’ve finished reading it, the story stays with you long after (at least for me it did). I was impressed with the author’s knowledge of history and thought it made the storyline that much more believable and interesting. I was less impressed with some of the superficiality of the dialogue and actions at times, and thought the references to sex felt a tad gratuitous and cheap at times. I’m no prude, don’t get me wrong, it just felt a bit misplaced on occasion. And I felt like the ending was sort of abrupt, although the author’s note was really interesting. Overall this was an entertaining and fun read that will appeal to fans of mysteries, historical fiction, and even humor. ( )
  Sam_Ryan | Jan 13, 2013 |
This book is dedicated to Kathy Mayeda

Gerald J. Kubicki is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 93,331,123 books! | Top bar: Always visible